The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

06 LT35 intermittent problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richiew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 06 LT35 intermittent problems
    Posted: 10 Jan 11 at 20:17
Hi everyone, been reading for a while, but its got to the stage where i need a little help!!

I have an 06 lt35. its done just on 103,000 miles and for the last month its been giving me real grief.
It started when we had the first lot of cold weather, i started the van on the drive to let it warm, it ran for 10 minutes then cut out, odd i thought! i restarted it, it ran for another 10 seconds then cut out again. i turned it over and over but to no avail. arranged for the AA to lift it to the garage 10 miles away, in the meantime (2 days) it sat on the drive, the morning it was due to go, i tryed the key and away it went ??? so the garage had it and the only thing they could come up with was freezing water in the filter, so new filter. it was fine again for about 600 miles, then cut out, restarted briefly, then nothing, just turning over and over. so i got towed home. a mate came over who thought we may have a bit of air collecting from the filter change, he bled at the injectors and away it went, great for about 400 miles then dead as a dodo. towed home again!! van been sat on drive since last tuesday, tryed a couple of times but nothing. tonite i bought home a length of leak off and have refitted all of those and a new blank, it fired up straight away!! ran for 5 mins then stopped. no life again. i really thought id sussed it when it ran tonite. im getting towards the end of my teather with the van, ive asked my usual mechanic who has promised 3 times to come back to me but hasnt, so he's obviously not interested. the other diesel fitter i know who suggested the leak off pipe has eye trouble, so hes not able to take a look. anyone got any ideas? id be very grateful. Rich.
 Post Reply Post Reply