The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1.9tdi to LT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.9tdi to LT
    Posted: 19 Oct 11 at 01:39
OK, I haven't done any real measurements but can anyone tell me for sure that a transverse 1.9tdi/manual tranny with all the front drive goodies WILL NOT fit in the LT? If I'm full of shit tell me now so I can stop dreaming about it.LOL
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Slow and built to stay that way
87 T3 soon to be a camper
GT500 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GT500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 11 at 10:48
The block pattern is different. All the 4 pot engines vw audi make are the same pattern. the 5 6 8 pots are all the same. try a v6 tdi thats a different way and would be rather good.

HTH
Rob... The only LT on 18" wheels.
Canada LT28 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 11 at 13:43
I already have the ALH and i was going to make an adapter for the stock tranny but then i thought ....this truck comes in 4x4 so there must be some way to get power to the front wheels. What if the front end from the jetta went in as is (sort of), adapting the hole to fit a transverse layout. would not happen with 5 or 6 pot but maybe with the 4.

Just wondered if anyone ever tried anything silly like that.
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Slow and built to stay that way
87 T3 soon to be a camper
 Post Reply Post Reply