The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1977 LT28 2.0lt petrol

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andypb64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1977 LT28 2.0lt petrol
    Posted: 18 Aug 15 at 21:43
OK Just a quick question. The Ballast Resistor on the LT is not available from all the suppliers I've search. Does anyone know what ohm it should be so I could source a replacement? I understand the coil runs at 9volts can anyone confirm this? Has anyone just done away with the Ballast resistor and fitted a 12volt coil. Is there any draw backs to doing this? Guess just moving the wires off the resistor directly onto a 12V coil.

Any advise much appreciated.
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 15 at 22:16
I doubt the coil runs at 9V in a 12V environment, most unusual. The Haynes might give you the correct information, if not AndyT will be along at some point. By ballast resistor, ?Do you mean condenser?

?Have you done a search on here for the answer. There are ten years of answers tucked away. Narrow the search to LT Tech, and Message Body, you are bound to find something.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
 Post Reply Post Reply