The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1978 LT28 2.0lt petrol

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andypb64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1978 LT28 2.0lt petrol
    Posted: 26 Jul 15 at 20:01
Can anyone tell me what the brown and the black and blue wire in the photos are and where they should be connected. The connector with the black and blue wire is paired with a black wire in the connector.

Basically the red wire is one I've run from the ignition as a temporary fix as the immobilizer had cut the power to the coil. I've now removed the alarm and immobilizer. I have removed all the wiring and tried to put everything back to original using the wiring diagram, thought it would now be a matter of removing the red wire I installed and putting the brown wire in place but if I do that the vehicle starts but I can't turn it off with the key have to pull the wire off to stall it.

Currently I have two green wires on the -ve of coil that emerge from the loom. 2 blacks on the positive. One runs to a small capacitor thing under the ballast resister. The other comes out of the loom onto the ballast resistor and then on to the coil.

Any Help much appreciated.
andypb64 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andypb64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 15 at 20:06
Under the silver tape is an inline fuse 32A the same as the one you can see on the green wire I just taped the wire up out the way and haven't taken the tape off
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 15 at 22:55
Wiring is a pain in the ass on older vehicles, cos you don't know what has been changed.
I'd start with the wiring diagrams from the tech section or Haynes manual.
Ignition on should give power to coil and autochoke, you obviously have permanent power as well, probably from a wire to the alarm/imobiliser.
If you test the wires it may not be too hard to sort out, just tape up any extra live feeds.
Also try googling the alarm you might find a wiring diagram which helps.
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

andypb64 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andypb64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 15 at 07:38
These wires look like they are original as they seem to come out the loom? The black and green one seems to be the oil pressure light so just this brown on now. I can't find a brown wire on the coil wiring diagram so have it taped up for now.

Strange I can't work out what it's for
 Post Reply Post Reply