The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2.4td - fuse box problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MostlyMonki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2.4td - fuse box problems
    Posted: 17 Sep 08 at 09:35
does anyone have a diagram of whats-what in the 2.4td fusebox?

I unbolted it and moved it to one side so i could fix a hole in the panel behind it. put it back, now my glow plugs dont work (had a weird buzzing noize first time i started up, and occasionaly on cranking), one of my indicators flashes too fast, and my wipers are dodgy!!

gotta get it mot'd this week.... help!
"LT Massive"
Rustysurf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rustysurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 08 at 11:55
HI MostlyMonki,I had similar symptons to you and in my case it was a relay problem.Water had trickled down from a windscreen leak and burnt out
the large relay(black square plug in above fuses).
So assuming you have nt dropped the relay in your tea!I would double check your wire,fuse and especially relay conections.
There are fuse box diagrams on lt forum.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.
Dec
Rust Never Sleeps_______     
1991 lt 28 2.4 diesel
MostlyMonki View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MostlyMonki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 08 at 13:48
yeah i think it might well be a water problem, as i left the grille around the light off for a couple of days.

looked on the diagrams in the other secion, but cant see one with a glow plug relay on it.... any ideas what one it is anyone? and where i might get replacement relays (GSF?)?
"LT Massive"
Dedo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 08 at 14:31
AFAIK GSF carryes them, anyway the glowplug relay code is 443911261 and if you look at the relays on your fusebox you should be able to identify it.
'86 LT28 Diesel Sven Hedin
thal View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 08 at 16:10
hi follow the links to the manuals Ive posted the elec manuals and with rockradios help the current flow diagrams should be there shortly. theres a complete set so it should be of some help
Terry
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MostlyMonki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 08 at 16:27
cheers fellas - I'll see if i can sort it out when i get home this evening.
"LT Massive"
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MostlyMonki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 08 at 09:29
well that was weird... by the time i left work the glowplug and wiper problems had decided to fix themselves (dried out maybe!?). so all i'm left with now is one indicator that doesnt work, even though its ok on the hazards...
"LT Massive"
Butternut boy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butternut boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 08 at 17:37
How's that indicator thing possible????????

I'd have to be thinking something somewhere in the column maybe, (is that poss). Voltage Regulator maybe??? Or an orrible' little dry joint somewhere close on the indicator track.

Thats a strange one mate, you'll get there.
You nod yer ed n I'll it' it     
 Post Reply Post Reply