Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > South African T3s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2.6 all gassed up!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2.6 all gassed up!
    Posted: 16 Jun 10 at 14:53
I collected the '95 yesterday. Driven sensibly, returning 21 mpg in mixed traffic (M6 queues, cruising at 70, local traffic at 40)
This was on a 200 mile+ run. Got 155 miles from the first 33 litres of lpg at around 60p/litre....£21 Smile
May well replace the crumbling exhaust for a stainless Longlife one with a lambda boss included to give option of going closed-loop later on.
I think it's going to need a second tank fitting though. 52 litre tank under the bench seat only takes 42litres at 80% fill from dry...it just isn't enough...

Edited by silverbullet - 10 Nov 10 at 16:59
Have I missed anything?
Joe Knocker View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Knocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 10 at 15:25
Nice one, what is it like when you don't drive sensibly? is there any loss in power or is it the same? but deffo not a bad way to go!!! did you also have to loose ya spar wheel?
ya can't flog a dead horse unless it's to a glue factory!!!
silverbullet View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 10 at 16:06
No loss of power that I can tell, but I came back loaded up with a full set of twin-slider seats and a camper fridge LOL The tank is under the rear bench so I've still got a spare.

I'm not sure if the 2.5 with it's Jetronic-K injection can easily be gassed - there are parts problems - you need to speak to lpg converters with experience of K-jet. It can be made to work, if you know what you are doing. 

May be retro-fitting the injection from a 2.5 petrol T4 first (very similar) then going gas would be best?

Edited by silverbullet - 16 Sep 10 at 21:51
Have I missed anything?
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 10 at 16:07
There's no significant power loss on any vehicle fitted with LPG....not that you would notice anyway.
Originally posted by Joe Knocker Joe Knocker wrote:

did you also have to loose ya spar wheel?

Originally posted by silverbullet silverbullet wrote:

52 litre tank under the bench seat
silverbullet View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 10 at 21:50
Well it was going well, then it all went wrong by turns...http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=57526&title=25-petrol-on-lpg
Have I missed anything?
 Post Reply Post Reply