The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Temporary Forums. > 80-90 refugee forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

80-90 down 24/09/12 8:30

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghost123uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 12 at 15:18
OK, desperate measures = download and run Firefox from here = http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

It is a good web browser, I guess you will have seen it before.

Let me know if a fresh install of that gets you on !!
John - in Malpas, S. Cheshire
skysurfin09 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skysurfin09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 12 at 16:24
Cry  John....I've installed firefox three times and uninstalled it twice running cc cleaner to make sure that I don't import anything from google, and each time when searching for club8090 the connection times out. What the heck is going on mate? The page was loading perfectly OK then it went ar*e up... Rob Cry
ghost123uk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghost123uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 09:51

Well flip, my gob is smacked !!

And you used CCleaner = a good tool, I use it too, that should have cleared up all temp IE / Chrome / Firefox files just fine Cry

I am stuck for now, I could (not today, too busy) take remote control of your machine and have a look, but for now I have posted this on 80-90 =

Originally posted by ghost123uk ghost123uk wrote:

Since the forum went down last week "skysurfin09" has not been able to get on, still.

I have been trying to help him via the brick-yard's "80-90 refugee" forum, but nothing I have suggested has worked. This very embarrassing for me as it is my job and I am good at it, but his case has got me stumped !!

Here is a link to the thread = HERE  Skysurfin09's problem starts about 2/3rds the way down page 1

I can't wait to discover what the heck it is...

Edited by ghost123uk - 31 Aug 12 at 09:53
John - in Malpas, S. Cheshire
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skysurfin09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 10:43
Cheers Steve, thanks for your time mate.....Let me now how the trip goes as we were planning ours at the same time but mine has been and gone for this year. Roll on the Pitt invasion of Holland and Germany next year....Smile
hacksawbob View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hacksawbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 11:01
Can you access other internet sites without issue?
mocki View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 12:00
Can you go to www.club80-90.co.uk successfully?
If so it maybe a ip address issue with the forum, so try going to the forum via www.dtunnel.co uk as a test?
Club 80-90 Membership admin
email mocki
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skysurfin09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 12:16
 Yes mate with no problems at all. Rob
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skysurfin09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 12:19
 I can get the homepage as to information about the club providing the link for membership. No interactive page at all. I can also get to syncronauts but there are no links for 8090there. It really puzzling....RobCry 
mocki View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 12:46
Ok please try to access the forum again now
Club 80-90 Membership admin
email mocki
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skysurfin09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 13:51
Steve 'Mocki', I've just tried to access the forum again with the same results, also tried loading cache address from the 15augsust with the same result. Steve I downloaded Brosix but I don't have any contacts  so I don' know how to use it. Regards Rob
hacksawbob View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hacksawbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 16:02
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chdos.htm

OK get a command prompt up with the instrctions above 

type 

Then press return

It should reply with something like below, the address is the important bit

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    http://forum.club8090.co.uk
Address:  67.215.65.132

Also try typing 

ping 67.215.65.132 

and press return

it should reply  similar to

Pinging 67.215.65.132 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 67.215.65.132: bytes=32 time=340ms TTL=54
Reply from 67.215.65.132: bytes=32 time=335ms TTL=54
Reply from 67.215.65.132: bytes=32 time=349ms TTL=54
Reply from 67.215.65.132: bytes=32 time=334ms TTL=54

Ping statistics for 67.215.65.132:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 334ms, Maximum = 349ms, Average = 339ms

tell us how you get on with those two
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skysurfin09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 17:00
 Right hacksawbob, The first task you gave me returned a basic reply : virginmedia unable to find a nonexistant address at cache1.

The second task you set retuned exactly what you said might happen save that the times  [figures] were slightly slower... Rob Smile

Virginmedia:*** cache1. service.virginmedia.net can't find http//forum.club8090.co.uk: non existent domain
nevill3 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nevill3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 17:14
Hi Skysurfin09

Have you tried the  flush DNS fix yet if you are using windows 7 click start and type ipconfig /flushdns in the search box and press enter, then close all internet browsers and reopen

if you are using xp you will have to open a command prompt and type 

ipconfig /flushdns

If that doesn't work I have another suggestion for you which version of windows/mac are you using

Edited by nevill3 - 31 Aug 12 at 17:16
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skysurfin09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 17:24
 Hi Nevill3, just did as you requested= successful flush, unable to connect to 8090still. Using Windows XP Home. fujitsu siemens 3.4 dual core 500gig HHD Raedon ATI set up connected wireless via virginmedia cable........Cry
nevill3 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nevill3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 17:36
The next tip is to change  the DNS that could be causing this problem, unfortunately the new VM superhub has the settings locked down but you could try the following instructions.
For Windows XP

1. Click the Start button. 
2. Click Control Panel
3. Click Network and Internet Connections (if you see it) and then clickNetwork Connections
4. Right-click the icon for your network adapter (it may show as a wireless adapter), and then select Properties
5. Click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) , and then click Properties
6. The screen that appears next (see the image above) will allow you to specify which DNS server settings you would like to use. In addition, clicking the Advanced… button will give you access to further DNS options.

Use the numbers that are in the image, (make a note of any numbers that are already there so you can always reverse things)

I got this from the Virgin help website at  http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=345032&CURRENT_CMD=SEARCH&CONFIGURATION=1002&PARTITION_ID=1&USERTYPE=1&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTY=us&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skysurfin09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 17:43
Nev, just to be real sure....there are no numbers shown, do you want me to enter the figures that you have displayed for me or is that an example?  Nervous RobWacko
nevill3 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nevill3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 17:58
Please use the numbers shown, they are Googles Public domain name servers, to revert back to using Virgins DNS all you would have to do is select the "Obtain DNS automatically" button.

To be absolutly sure you have this thing licked you should also clear your cache like you did before and run the flush dns command too once you have closed all your web browsers. then reopen them and try going to the forum if it doesn't first come up refresh the page. 

Nev
nevill3 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nevill3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 18:00
Sorry for the slow reply I had to take the dog for a quick walk!!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skysurfin09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 18:22
  Nev, Christ on a bicycle, I'm still unable to access the club other than the homepage........Cry 
nevill3 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nevill3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 12 at 18:26

Here is how some one else cured their website loading problems

Log into your Superhub http://192.168.0.1 (should be printed on a label on the back of your superhub.

Under the central icon (Super Hub Settings) there is a link "Advanced Settings" click that.

There will be a menu to the left, select "Services" under the Content Filtering section.

Unselect "IP Flood Detection"

Select "Apply"

Good luck

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>