The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

beep! beep! beep! beep! beep!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Limited Access
Limited Access

Lorem ipsum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: beep! beep! beep! beep! beep!
    Posted: 02 Feb 09 at 16:10
two mysteries for the price of one today:

* my van beeps about six or seven times when i turn off the ignition and the red light in the middle of the water temp gauge flashes in time to the beeps.

* also the abovementioned red light in the temp gauge sometimes flashes while the engine is idling.  i'd thought it was some kind of overheating warning, but it started doing it today when the engine was just idling sitting in my carpark in the drifting snow, with the temp gauge right on the lowest of the low, so it disnae look like an OVER-heating warning

anyone know what the beeping is?... or what the red light in the temp gauge is trying to tell me with its crazy disco antics? [sommit bad no doubt, since red flashing lights rarely mean 'good news' Confused]
thal View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 09 at 16:14
do you get any other warning lights coming on?
2.4 td high top home conversion And2.4td LWB high top van
madra View Drop Down
Limited Access
Limited Access

Lorem ipsum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 09 at 16:31
nope.  everything else seems fine.  i just get those 7 or 8 beeps every time i switch off and - just the one time today - the light flashing continually while it was ticking over.
mike38 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 09 at 16:53
dont know about beep but the red light is also your low on water warning it only takes a small drop in water to get it flashing .

Mike
madra View Drop Down
Limited Access
Limited Access

Lorem ipsum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 09 at 17:10
Originally posted by mike38 mike38 wrote:

...the red light is also your low on water warning it only takes a small drop in water to get it flashing ...

aha! - thanks
Dedo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 09 at 18:56
As for the beeps I've heard rumors in the german forum about a low oil pressure buzzer Confused but luckily I've never heard it myself LOL
'86 LT28 Diesel Sven Hedin
t'onion View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t'onion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 09 at 22:38
have a good luck at the crown earth connector , clean them up etc , also look at the multi connector behind the speedo.

as for the temp light flashing check the sender in the rad bottle
LT28 Westfalia FloRida, 2.4 diesel

miserable fooker

benappleby View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benappleby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 09 at 10:44
Should the red water light come on then go off at start up or does it only come on if water is low??

Ben
T4 Syncro Westfalia
mike38 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 09 at 11:03
It comes on and flashes for a few seconds when you put the ignition on or start up .

Mike
thal View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 09 at 19:41
the low oil pressure warning is a loud continuous buzzer and really bloody annoying when it developes a fault
ltman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ltman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 09 at 11:17
on the side of your engine there is a little senor that screws into the side with like a spade connector on it!!! ITS THAT!! mine did it!!
thal View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 09 at 13:00
its ok I got mine sorted later models have two oil sensors one on the block one on the oil filter mounting
ltman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ltman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 09 at 20:18
sound!
madra View Drop Down
Limited Access
Limited Access

Lorem ipsum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 09 at 20:53
Originally posted by madra madra wrote:

... and the red light in the middle of the water temp gauge flashes in time to the beeps.

actually, that bit of my original post was bollox - the light on the water temp gauge disnae flash.

the beeps part was right, tho'

Post Reply Post Reply