The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coolant hose

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jammy75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coolant hose
    Posted: 28 Oct 19 at 12:46
Hi All,

Anyone found a suitable replacement for the hose that goes from the engine to the oil cooler on a 2.4td (ACL), product number is 075121086.
Thanks,

Jamie
1994 LT35E 2.4TD
Monster LT View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster LT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 19 at 19:40
or a combination using elbows and joints - silicone too if you fancy splashing out.
LT45-TD-ACL-intercooler-4x4-1993
Jammy75 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jammy75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 19 at 21:14
Thanks for the reply Monster, I emailed beickwerks b4 I posted here and just tried the other two sites you mentioned, but, get out off stock showing. Decided last week to use silicon hose, I'm removing the old hose from the van this weekend (she's in storage) before ordering the bits as the hose tapers from either 25mm or 22mm (engine side) to 16mm (oil cooler). If it's a success I'll post the bits I used, might be a few weeks though.

Thanks again,
Jammy
1994 LT35E 2.4TD
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster LT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 19 at 22:36
So, by the looks you'll be needing a 90degree and a 45degree elbow one of which is tapered and two pieces of hose you can chop up and connect. Nice. Pink or purple? LOL
Jammy75 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jammy75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 19 at 12:18
Neither, going Blue Wink
1994 LT35E 2.4TD
Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 19 at 09:40
I blew a coolant hose like that on my NA Diesel. I bought a new one from VW Classic Parts. Damn expensive,(100€) but the old one lasted 30 years, so if the new one lasts the same i think it is worth it. I have found one more with different dimentions on each end, and i think i might replase it as well. The other alternative is to make a metal adaptor, so i can use "normal" hoses. Quite irritating if you blew on when on wacation in Sicily...
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
Jammy75 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jammy75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 20 at 15:46
Finally managed to sort the hose, managed to find one on a german site.  Its for a different vehicle (some german military monster) but the part codes matched and I took a chance, when it arrived I was going to bin it as it didnt match any of the sizes I'd worked out for the hose ends. Got the old one off the van before christmas and realised it was a match for the one I'd bought, fitted it last weekend, refilled coolant, got the trapped air out and all is good.  I bought the part from Lorenz off road, it doesnt come with the heat sheild though, here's the link:

Hope it helps someone
1994 LT35E 2.4TD
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster LT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 20 at 23:26
Yep. The Pinzgauer shares some other parts with LT's as it has a D24 engine too. Well worth a cross reference in search of parts although they are rarer than LT's and you won't find many in the UK. Thumbs Up

Edited by Monster LT - 27 Jan 20 at 23:30
 Post Reply Post Reply