The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DIFFERENT SEAT BELTS?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2.5lwb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DIFFERENT SEAT BELTS?
    Posted: 02 Apr 10 at 18:48

Hi!

I need some helpful people to confirm or deny something for me;
I'm doing an extensive conversion on my T4, part of which includes fitting various pieces of Caravelle trim. I have already had great fun modifying this & that but now I'm under the impression that the caravelle must have used different seat belts with different upper pillar bracket; when trying to fit the plastic cover for the upper part of the pillar the free swinging guide braket on the belt which is bolted to the upper half of the B pillar seems to be stopping the plastic going back to mate with the metal work. Did Caravelles have a straight guide bracket as opposed to the kicked out style as fitted to my van??????????
Cheers!
Always in the van!!
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 10 at 18:53
Have you got the thick spacer washers in place ?
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

staffydog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staffydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 10 at 20:14
On a similar note are the t4 rear belts fitted to anything else because I can't seem to find any or do any other belts fit the mountings in the t4
2.5lwb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2.5lwb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 10 at 22:07
Hi Elvis.

Strangely enough earlier today upon further investigation, I noticed that what I thought initially was a one piece unit was indeed as you mentioned, a pressed in thick spacer. I remover this & re tried the panel which seems happier now, although I have yet to see what final clearance is like; the belt did initially seem a little reluctant in movement, but we shall see how it goes. Just going to track down some thinner spacers now to allow continued movement of the guide.
Thanks for the heads up though!!
Always in the van!!
 Post Reply Post Reply