The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Early and late ABL gearbox differerences

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 174 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early and late ABL gearbox differerences
    Posted: 25 May 11 at 16:27
Can anyone tell me the physical differences between gearboxes in 1.9 diesel T4's please? I bought a box last year as mine developed a hole and ran dry after a driveshaft came off at the flange (my fault I add...) But the one I bought is braced to the body on the off side extension part whereas the original is bolted to a casting on the bottom of the bellhousing. Does this sound right or have I been sold a differ? It seems right as it came with all the linkages and the mount that bolts up in the engine bay and I wondered if I could use the old style bracket in place of mine?
My van is a 2000 ABL and the box apparently came out of a 95 N/A diesel that had a golf tdi engine fitted.

All help greatly appreciated and the ales on me :)

Edited by 174 - 25 May 11 at 16:30
174 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 174 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 11 at 18:18
No worries folks, did some digging and found that the earlier boxes were mounted with a different bracket. There's a useful gearbox post on the other site worth having a look at for anyone else with gearbox woes.

Now on the lookout for an early box mount!
 Post Reply Post Reply