The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Evry' Mod..??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Evry' Mod..??
    Posted: 24 Feb 10 at 13:51
Seeing as it's been snowy here again and I've nowt to do I've been avoiding boredom on t'interwang.
Was on the TDi forum (US based WV diesel folks - search 'champagne performance on a beer budget) and there's quite a bit about a rather cheap but apparently quite effective electrical mod to gain a bit of power..
Now I know it's cheap and crude, but has anyone done it here - by the looks of it it's probably the principle behind a lot of the cheaper tuning boxes (and probably most tbh.). I'm not desperate to blow anything on my engine but if I can find a few more horses for about £2 of bits and an hour to fit I'm quite tempted to try..
Thought I'd run it past folks here, I couldn't find any posts about it..
If it ain't broke - fix it till it is..
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 10 at 14:16
This the resistor to fool the fuel temp sender?
JB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 10 at 18:29
As far as I understand it's a resistor to change the quantity feedback signal, which makes it put more fuel in..? Apparently it does make the idle a bit unstable but there's ways round that. To be honest I'm not that keen on messing with it - it works quite ok as is..
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 10 at 13:46
Adjusting idle fuelling is quite simple to do with VagCom.
JB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 10 at 22:59
Have done a bit more research. It seems there might be some benefit here to folks without a remap or other previous fueling mods, and folks have done some distance on it. Others have had problems, but they seem to be pushing the boundaries a bit far - going a long way beyond what the originator of this idea recommends, who seems to know what he's on about.... or they're the sort that really shouldn't mess with sharp objects.. And it's all on the 4 pot tdi, though as far as I can tell the principle is the same.
I've also found a somewhat more advanced version of this which overcomes the drawbacks. Still won't cost a great deal..
It's got a bit slower since all the camper stuff went in so it'd be nice to get it moving up hills quicker. There's quite a few of those things round here.
Now, do I feel lucky..?
 Post Reply Post Reply