The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > Stolen Van register.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

stolen westfalia californias

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote louism1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stolen westfalia californias
    Posted: 09 Jun 07 at 12:03

Stolen from Middlesex motorcaravans Edgware overnight 0208 952 4045.07887 743747 .Any info would be appreciated

1989 red westfalia california elevating roof on german plates M041362 chassis number wv2zzz25zkh058258 1.6 turbo diesel has large bass speaker in bed box and radio housing with switches on front facia housing table pole and water tank.

1989 white westfalia california elevating roof on german plates wn04142  chassis number wv2zzz25zkh81343 1.6 turbo diesel has colour coded white bumpers and wing mirrors and front yellow fog lights has fridge flue vent missing and damage to both rear wheel arches that have been badly repaired

Germman View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Vanarchist.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 07 at 16:31
 sorry to hear that , eyes peeled in coventry area 
http://picasaweb.google.com/germmanmark

Coventry near Vanarchy

*Wanted mint early AC STUFF*

orangina View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 07 at 18:23
On the alert at Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire - A1 & A14
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 07 at 19:02

fcukers

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
retrosteve View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retrosteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 07 at 19:26

very worrying .. not least because it means people are prepared to either ring-or steal the vans to break them..

unless they were stolen by retards who assumed the vin numbers would not be recorded or have future bearing on a van later registered in the uk?

either way it is very worrying, having had a van stolen en route from europe we take a few precautions,- and have cctv etc at work.. but its only  as good as the images it captures.. seems like the thieves knew what they wanted.. and in those cases almost nothing will stop a theft.

which, makes today a bad day for all t3 owners . 

i hope the vans are recovered swiftly and the culprits treated without leniency ..

retrosteve is steve walker ..who also is www.eastfalia.com 01932 873493/ 07974579667- t3 westfalia sales/service/parts... surrey england - koln germany
Joker_Club View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker_Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 07 at 22:48
Too right Steve, a bit of leniency never hurt anyone
Sunny Lancs
batty View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote batty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 07 at 00:35
What a nightmare!

Could be Pikeys as they love their diesels...????

On a serious note I bought my Westy Joker from Graham at Middlesex
motorcaravans and he's one decent chap and definately doesn't deserve
this!

With a bit of luck the culprits wil be caught and punished, nothing short
of execution is good enough for them!

Maybe worth checking that these 2 vans don't appear at any future VW
shows although i reckon they may appear on ebay as thieves are usually a
bit dim and would be stupid enough to try and sell them this way!

Good luck in getting the vans back.
batty
EASTFALIA View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EASTFALIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 07 at 09:29
i doubt the thieves were dim-after all they took two of the things!
which would rule out opportunism, or someone targetting a van to  replace their rotten one ... (unless they were sat with the keys in -which i doubt)

excecution is a bit strong,but no one deserves to have their posessions taken by anyone without permission- uk scum of europe.. ??? we certainly lack the morals we like to think the nation posesses.

people pinch stuff because they either want the items for themselves,or they think they can make money by selling the items..

they may try and sell the vans as is 
change the identity to scrapped or rusty uk vans...
or break them for parts

each has a degree of detection attatched, although not a lot i am afraid if they decide to pull the vans apart

again hope it rectifies itself asap
Steve Walker - Eastfalia - E-mail - 01483 810756
Z Z View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Z Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 07 at 16:08
Hope you get them back.
This is becoming the problem as the price of vans goes up. thieves are always on the look out.
My driveway is like a fortress!!! (cant be too careful.) I have a friend who parked his on the street and it disappeared overnight. Ba*stards!

ZZ
badger View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 07 at 20:23

Maybe time to buy a huge steering lock...

keep my eye out, but would think stolen to order or will end up broken for spares through various outlets - worth remembering when you see "cherry" parts for sale.

phil g View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 07 at 23:19

Hi. Sorry 2 hear u got burnt. Lesson here is these vehicals are valuable and disposable. They've hit you once, so assume they'll be back. disabling the vehicle is a start but wont stop em. wheel clamps will slow them down alot. dogs make loads of noise ! Hope your insured.

Its not fair to assume who's responsible without evidence. I hope u you get them back & keep a watch out.

dub dub campers View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dub dub campers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 07 at 00:46

I Reckon stolen for parts personally, no one is that dumb to steel two them try to register them in this country, i would alert dover customs watch ASAP, And post the engine numbers on this site somewhere and hope the fu*kers get caught in 6 months time, and no one is going to steel two unless they have a shed to store and strip down, or from middlesex to dover in the same day. any info on the interior parts (unique markings, drill holes..etc) as we can all keep a watch to see what comes on on Ebay in the next couiple of months.

Might be an idea also when advertising on Ebay not to give the vans full address, as i think we all have seen these vans for sale on ebay over the past few weeks, And if someone is in the market for one Ebay will be the first place to look,

Did you have any viewings on the vans, as a potential buyer is also a potential thief,

dub dub
Stuart Roper,
Lampeter, Mid Wales
07966 270767,
dubdubcampers@aol.com
chickenkoop View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chickenkoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 07 at 08:31

will keep a look out in cov too, I've got a red westy Cal so it will be a twin of mine so i'll def stop and look at it, I got my cal from Graham too.keep um peeled.

Edited by chickenkoop
98, karmann Colorado,
89, T3 westy california
Brickin it in Cov.
Emmz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 07 at 11:46

Oh No :(

Im looking out in East Sussex for you...

That is extremely odd, ive been watching 1989 california red on Ebay, the one from Middlesexmotors,,,,,and i emailed them to enquire if it was still for sale this morning as it didnt reach its reserve

louism1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote louism1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 07 at 12:02
thanks for your replies obviously the more people aware and looking out hopefully they may be found.For your info they were both immobilised  but obviously not well enough and in any case windows were broken to gain entry .Let this be a lesson for others if you think your motor is thief proof think again!!!!
terryvanman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terryvanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 07 at 12:26

you dont stand a chance of keeping your vans

when I had my mint 1992 stolen at 4 am

the shittheads lifted it up on a truck and vanished into the night

the alarm was going and it had a steering lock fitted

if they want it....they will take it...no matter what

your vans are probably on the continent or in bits already

its not just dover you have to look at.

they probably had a ticket for the ferry

with the numberplate on it before they nicked them

sorry to be so nagative......I really do hope you find them and you get them back. If not make the insurance pay the going rate for a westy and not for some tin pot van as mine tried too. 

new heart...new van...new man
Stu Dapples View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Ebenezer Geezer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stu Dapples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 07 at 15:16

Wankers! Good luck with the insurance claim is all I can say.......

Will keep my eyes open in the Worcester area, not too many about up this way so I would notice them.... Especially on German plates if they are dumb enough to leave them on

pamela View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pamela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 07 at 16:13
Will keep eye open for any signs of vans in lake District sorry to here about theft makes you wonder.
pam
billy boy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billy boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 07 at 03:10

Has all the trademarks of a close to home job to me ie not opportunist to use copper dialogue. Nope, no chancing involved in this one. Well planned and executed it seems. Sadly chances are you`ve unknowingly met or seen or know of the inbreds who did the robbing. Might be more efficient pushing out a couple of k on the market in return for patellas and info - only hard cash will get results I`m afraid. Someone always talks for bucks, they won`t be being scared of the Sopranos. The pimps won`t like it that their handywork takes prominence in this forum either.

Hey, best of luck

Still bloody love my bloody van
gunnerheard View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunnerheard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 07 at 20:11
Unlikely but lets hope the bastards are stupid enough to post on ebay, so they can be snarred, you never can tell always worth a try
Do farts ave lumps in em?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>