The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > The Coachbuilt forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

the gipsy project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 08 at 17:37
get it made as a sticker for now
markeymagicbus View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markeymagicbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 08 at 18:46

good idea bus buddy

i suppose i just need a good pic of one to give to a sticker maker person

also could some one measure there table for me , i am going to order the stand from cak tanks when the catalogue finally turns up and get a top made up

busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 08 at 21:28
think theres a few size tables as some have corners cut off
rustydubs View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustydubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 08 at 03:14

Originally posted by busbuddy busbuddy wrote:

think theres a few size tables as some have corners cut off

didnt think the germans cut corners!!!!!!!!!! 

jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 10:19
speak nice to t3 monkey boy cos there is one on the back of the smashed gipsy
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markeymagicbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 11:33

thanks jason i have already spoken to monkey boy as there is a few bits i need for mine that look ok still on the smashed up one ,

i think the claim is still going through , so its still at the salvage yard , but will keep my fingers crossed, i do feel a bit of a vulture , but the bits i need are a nightmare to get hold of

busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 12:46
Originally posted by markeymagicbus markeymagicbus wrote:

i think the claim is still going through , so its still at the salvage yard , but will keep my fingers crossed, i do feel a bit of a vulture

as long as he gets it all sorted, claim wise, I'm sure he won't mind us all bugging him 24/7 for bits

he knows we were all gutted when it was killed   

sventhrusta View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sventhrusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 17:51

But how would you price the Karmann specific bits IYKWIM? 

busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 18:35

yeah thought about that when I was considering buying this one for parts, kept coming back to ebay as the fair option, ironic as ebay and fair don't usually go together

unless we could do an auction on this site?

a fixed price for the parts would allow non owners to buy for profit rather than need, whereas an auction only open to karmann owners would hopefully be better

not a perfect solution and sounds a bit formal but if certain parts sellers get to know prices we would pay for bits then I fear one may go missing.

Many years ago a similar thing happened with mk1 cortina front valences, much fist fighting, bribery and falling out ensued and one of the last to be found was actually raffled by the club to stop bickering.

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markeymagicbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 08 at 19:07

new wheels for the bus

needs a smack with the lowering stick now

Thomas A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 08 at 19:29

What a look!

What brand and size?

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markeymagicbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 08 at 21:09

porsche cup 1 ,s 17"

the backs are enormous  

will take some pics showing the size of them

busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 08 at 18:37

looks like a completely different van

whitbygipsy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitbygipsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 08 at 19:29
lookin good dude!
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markeymagicbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 08 at 19:36

thanks guys its getting there

still have loads to do on the inside and i am trying to locate some one who could make me a new roof panel mine has had a really bad repair at some point , i want to get this on before i start pulling the inrior apart

busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 08 at 19:45

the interior roof panel sits on top of all the cupboards,walls, etc

the 'convert your own van to a motorhome' suppliers will supply you with big sheets of patterned board

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markeymagicbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 08 at 19:54

thanks bus buddy dont suppose you have found any where that sells cloth similar to the standard chequered brown stuff  

gypsy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 08 at 08:46
Originally posted by busbuddy busbuddy wrote:

the interior roof panel sits on top of all the cupboards,walls, etc

the 'convert your own van to a motorhome' suppliers will supply you with big sheets of patterned board

ive gotta do my inner roof lining "at some point"

25 years worth of cooking condensation,  have checked the roof out with all this rain and cannont find a leak anywhere

have i gotta take all the interior cupboards out????

ta marc

busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 08 at 18:42
Originally posted by markeymagicbus markeymagicbus wrote:

thanks bus buddy dont suppose you have found any where that sells cloth similar to the standard chequered brown stuff  

do you mean for the seats? if you do then I'd just recover it all with anything brown, as long as it all matches inside nobody will notice as they changed shades over the years (even did a blue one I believe), only you and us will know

busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 08 at 18:46
Originally posted by gypsy gypsy wrote:

have i gotta take all the interior cupboards out????

ta marc

if you check out the link on the first page of this post then you will see the roof sits on top of the all the walls and fixings, it's a late model one but I presume there won't be much difference to yours, personally I would do the whole roof in one go, just peel it back and replace all the wood, then stick it back down

sounds easy if you say it fast

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>