The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > The Coachbuilt forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 karmanns go to Holmfirth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westy77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 karmanns go to Holmfirth
    Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 18:52

got the cheetah back from the heating fixer place that hadnt fixed it, but thats by the by) and me and witchwoo went camping with cookiemonster and mrs to holmfirth, rich took us up the steepest hill in the world evar, much fun in a horse box with gale type winds and a sheer drop to one side, but we made it to the top

found a nice campsite near the village that had a nice but very expensive pub near for foods

my hazy memory tells me we got quite pissed last night!!

witchwoo was a blur of activity getting chester sorted

was woken next morning to what we thought sounded like ducks, and funnily enough.........

86 Vanagon GL
westy77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westy77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 18:53

then today drove into the village, this is the cafe from last of the summer wine, was full so we had to eat elsewhere

ive only passed through it once before, but is a very nice little place

some huge shops

the video shop was closing down and selling everything off, i got the origonal gone in 60 secs film for £3, and rich got this poster for free!!

86 Vanagon GL
Thomas A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 19:00

I liked reading your story.

I also liked the stance of the Cheetah.

What are springs, rims and tire sizes?

Bluebays View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 19:14
Great pix and kool vans

busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 19:15

nice, but I couldn't be bothered to put up your tv aerial every time I camped

westy77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westy77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 19:19
Originally posted by Thomas A Thomas A wrote:

I liked reading your story.

I also liked the stance of the Cheetah.

What are springs, rims and tire sizes?

i bought it already lowered with the wheels on, all i can tell you is the springs are red if that helps (not sure if that would lead to what make they are), i presume the wheels are audi fakes, they are 18", i think the tires are 225 rear and 205 fronts.

86 Vanagon GL
westy77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westy77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 19:21
Originally posted by busbuddy busbuddy wrote:

nice, but I couldn't be bothered to put up your tv aerial every time I camped

yeah it is a bind

ooh while im here, you know to get the build number of the van, is it on the plate when i open the drivers door, that says mine is number 2, but its an 88 so id have thought they would have built more than 2 by then?

86 Vanagon GL
busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 19:41

your plate should read

02 CH

02 88 then the next two digits are your build number

somewhere around 70 I think

Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 19:42

You should have said, until a month ago we lived 3 miles from the top of Holme moss!

As you drop down the hill you come into Holme, best pub in the area is there, our old local, the Golden Fleece.

We just moved down the valley a bit, just a bit past that campsite you stayed at.

If your up this way again, give us a nod.

westy77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westy77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 19:44
Originally posted by Baxter Baxter wrote:

You should have said, until a month ago we lived 3 miles from the top of Holme moss!

As you drop down the hill you come into Holme, best pub in the area is there, our old local, the Golden Fleece.

We just moved down the valley a bit, just a bit past that campsite you stayed at.

If your up this way again, give us a nod.

ooh righty, yeah will do fella

86 Vanagon GL
westy77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westy77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 19:46
Originally posted by busbuddy busbuddy wrote:

your plate should read

02 CH

02 88 then the next two digits are your build number

somewhere around 70 I think

ah right, yeah that makes more sence, it does say 02 CH, then a longer number underneath

86 Vanagon GL
marmite ontoast View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marmite ontoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 20:19

Nice to have a detailed post up for once. Cheers for that.

P.s where the hell is Holmfirth ?

www.dubtypes.co.uk
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 20:20

You were'nt put off by basically a load of restaurants, pubs and charity shops then?

To be fair, and it is different for me because I have lived around here all my life but I don't get the attraction, I try to avoid driving though at any given chance, just too busy! plus all the best roads are on the hills above, but driving a pair of pikeys I think they would be lost on you!

If you do come back again take the road from Holmfirth to Greenfield (Greenfield road as it happens, A635 I think)great scenery if you like spare, baron moorland, The Huntsman is a good spot to stop for a meal, then drop down to Dovestones res.

More to the point it's long, and straight!

busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 20:31
Originally posted by marmite ontoast marmite ontoast wrote:

north, I believe

westy77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westy77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 20:48

its a bit north of sheffiled and a bit south of manchester

86 Vanagon GL
marmite ontoast View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marmite ontoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 20:49
Originally posted by westy77 westy77 wrote:

its a bit north of sheffiled and a bit south of manchester

Thanks for the invite  

www.dubtypes.co.uk
westy77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westy77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 20:53

You were'nt put off by basically a load of restaurants, pubs and charity shops then?

To be fair, and it is different for me because I have lived around here all my life but I don't get the attraction, I try to avoid driving though at any given chance, just too busy! plus all the best roads are on the hills above, but driving a pair of pikeys I think they would be lost on you!

If you do come back again take the road from Holmfirth to Greenfield (Greenfield road as it happens, A635 I think)great scenery if you like spare, baron moorland, The Huntsman is a good spot to stop for a meal, then drop down to Dovestones res.

now we have the campers we have got a new lust for bobbing out to into the country and staying at sites, went to one near matlock the other week, i think were off to castleton soon, having a beeter time than slobbing about in the day and going to the same pubs at night, i had a T3 multivan before so having a blast having all the creature comforts of the karmanns

oh i dunno, we had fun blatting round the bends, its the straights that kill us as they run out of steam

86 Vanagon GL
cookiemonster View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiemonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 21:06

here are some of my pics as well..and this was the first trip out in the gypo since i got it a few weeks ago. Its been given a damn good clean inside and has come up quite nice. They might be slow (really slow), but compared to the T3 westy i had before, this is luxuary on another level.

did feel a bit ....

lots of cars - not enuf driveway
sventhrusta View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sventhrusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 21:06
Originally posted by westy77 westy77 wrote:

now we have the campers we have got a new lust for bobbing out to into the country and staying at sites, went to one near matlock the other week, i think were off to castleton soon, having a beeter time than slobbing about in the day and going to the same pubs at night, i had a T3 multivan before so having a blast having all the creature comforts of the karmanns

oh i dunno, we had fun blatting round the bends, its the straights that kill us as they run out of steam

I take it they're both oil burners then?
cookiemonster View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiemonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 21:09

even the stuffed toys enjoyed the new level of luxury

lots of cars - not enuf driveway
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>