The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > The Coachbuilt forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 karmanns go to Holmfirth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westy77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 21:11
Originally posted by sventhrusta sventhrusta wrote:

Originally posted by westy77 westy77 wrote:

Originally posted by Baxter Baxter wrote:

You were'nt put off by basically a load of restaurants, pubs and charity shops then?

To be fair, and it is different for me because I have lived around here all my life but I don't get the attraction, I try to avoid driving though at any given chance, just too busy! plus all the best roads are on the hills above, but driving a pair of pikeys I think they would be lost on you!

If you do come back again take the road from Holmfirth to Greenfield (Greenfield road as it happens, A635 I think)great scenery if you like spare, baron moorland, The Huntsman is a good spot to stop for a meal, then drop down to Dovestones res.

More to the point it's long, and straight!

now we have the campers we have got a new lust for bobbing out to into the country and staying at sites, went to one near matlock the other week, i think were off to castleton soon, having a beeter time than slobbing about in the day and going to the same pubs at night, i had a T3 multivan before so having a blast having all the creature comforts of the karmanns

oh i dunno, we had fun blatting round the bends, its the straights that kill us as they run out of steam

I take it they're both oil burners then?

yeah seem quite nippy setting off, just run out of steam quick, although we goit past 80 mph on the motorway

86 Vanagon GL
t3monkey boy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t3monkey boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 22:19

Good to see your using the van for what it was intended Rich.

Sorry it was so dirty.

Cheers Nick

www.carsandhistory.com
Got a nice Subaru powered Club Joker.
Nick 07766310652
Email:nickholby2003@yahoo.co.uk
cookiemonster View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiemonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 22:48
Originally posted by t3monkey boy t3monkey boy wrote:

Good to see your using the van for what it was intended Rich.

Sorry it was so dirty.

Cheers Nick

No worries - after mel got to it with the soapy pledge, and some elbow grease, its come up a treat.

lots of cars - not enuf driveway
Witchywoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Witchywoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 23:47

heres a little vid i took if you're interested

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j8...t=MOV00346.flv

disco stew View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disco stew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 08 at 20:39
Originally posted by marmite ontoast marmite ontoast wrote:

Nice to have a detailed post up for once. Cheers for that.

P.s where the hell is Holmfirth ?

Centre of the universe! Also home to a Gipsy last summer...
I prefer splits
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 08 at 22:21

Cool, you get to see where the signpost is still splattered where JokerClub's mate came off his motorbike on the way down the Moss, you drive past the Fleece and where the video ends, I used to live directly across the valley, across from the waterboard houses on the right.

There some green laning to be had by the reservoirs that the camera points at near the top, thats where we went of syncro saturday after the swap shop from brickwerks.

how did you find the campsite? I mean, was it any good?

Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 08 at 22:22
Oh, Castleton is worth a visit, take plenty of money for the caves.
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disco stew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 08 at 13:35

It does seem a bit funny when people go on holiday to your home town! Is it a nice place for a visitor?

I prefer splits
westy77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westy77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 08 at 21:45

Originally posted by Baxter Baxter wrote:

how did you find the campsite? I mean, was it any good?

the site was very nice, not huge mind, cool pond in the middle, has shop and loos, but no on site pub, the one we went to was only a few mins walk, food was lovely but expencive!

86 Vanagon GL
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disco stew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 08 at 12:20
Which pub?
I prefer splits
westy77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westy77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 08 at 18:04

Originally posted by disco stew disco stew wrote:

Which pub?

i cant remember what it was called, we walked through the site and down a muddly lane for five mins and came out on a road behind the site and the pub was there

86 Vanagon GL
cookiemonster View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiemonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 08 at 20:40

the pub was called "the rock inn"

lots of cars - not enuf driveway
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 08 at 19:40

Yeah, 'ar lass knows the head chef.

The other pub down the road is meant to do decent fodder also, the Travellers rest, my mates bird works there.

Small world eh.

There should be some of my business cards in the shop on the campsite.

jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 13 at 10:57
bump
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

Bluebays View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 13 at 11:04
Nice to see this old thread again Smile Great pics

vag_glen View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vag_glen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 13 at 19:20
Funny seeing my van in its previous life, glad to see it got out and about a fair bit!
jimhow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
ELVIS' FAVOURITE GROUPIE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimhow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 13 at 00:33
and went up the hill and parted??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12