The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ok so more dash wiring woes. Someone help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 08 at 10:36

Blimey its working now. Took the van for a good drive and the needle moved up just past the centre line.

Im assuming this is normal

AngeloEvs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngeloEvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 08 at 18:00
Centre or just past centre is about right depending on weather,driving conditions, etc.
thecat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 08 at 19:10

thats great news. It takes a while for the needle to move when driving from cold which i assume is normal? but after about 5 mins it moves up to centre or just passed.

Im well pleased.

Thanks for your help again

Krisis View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krisis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 08 at 22:31

Hi All,

Sorry to jump on but I was wondering if the pcb is replaced with cable/wire what size/rated should I use.

TTFN Kris

thecat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 08 at 22:32

There is a complete pcb for sale on fleabay If anyone is interested
??

Krisis View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krisis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 08 at 15:38

Its the wrong type for my van as my connector comes out of the side and not the top/bottom as that one does.

So back to my original question, what size cable should I use?

Have been using 0.25mm to repair the breaks in the circuits but there are soooooo many it looks like a plate of spagetti has been poured over it

TTFN Kris

thecat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 08 at 17:49

I have one of the blue pcbs with the vertical connection. It has a complete tear in one strip that operates one of the dash illumination bulbs but Im sure it could be easily bridged. I could check the tracks with my multimeter to see if the rest are ok. It has no voltage stabilizer though. If your interested in it??

Krisis View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krisis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 08 at 18:40

YES PLEASE

If you could post a pic of it to make sure its the right one

TTFN Krisis

thecat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 08 at 19:29
Krisis View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krisis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 08 at 19:33

Thats the one  ,now the painful bit,

How much?  PM me a price.

Kris

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456