The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ur Van

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 38>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eltee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 08 at 20:33
Originally posted by odgybodge odgybodge wrote:

Hi Everyone, hope I've got this right. Just wanted to share my beautiful LT with you all.
She's a 1994 LT31 D Fully converted from Ambulance to Luxury camper by me!
Thanks for looking.

Wasnt this the low mileage one that was on fleabay a short time ago. if so you got a bargain my man
1993 2.4 Diesel VW LT35 LWB PAS self build camper
part of the "LT Massive"
1990 syncro part of the "off road massive"
odgybodge View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odgybodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 08 at 20:44
Yep, That's the one! Ex St John Amby from Royston, Herts.
Great Van, only 4600 miles (6000+ now)
Virtually as new! Spent a lot converting to "luxury" camper with all the comforts, absolutely love spending time away in her with my wife and the dog!
- you've got a great memory, that was May 2007!
Will post more pics of inside etc if interested.
All the Best
Derran
AudioWizard View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AudioWizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 08 at 21:28
Anyone seen this on fleabay? Looks mint!
1997 T4 1.9TD - Self-Build Camper in progress
LT35_Leigh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LT35_Leigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 08 at 21:33
Originally posted by AudioWizard AudioWizard wrote:

Anyone seen this on fleabay? Looks mint!

Lovely looking van - daren't bid in case I win.
1990 2.4 N/A Diesel VW LT35 SWB Genuine Reimo Conversion.

Big. Blue and Beautiful!
LT35_Leigh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LT35_Leigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 08 at 21:34
Originally posted by odgybodge odgybodge wrote:

Will post more pics of inside etc if interested.

Please Derran - always good to see interiors as well as bodywork.

Leigh....
1990 2.4 N/A Diesel VW LT35 SWB Genuine Reimo Conversion.

Big. Blue and Beautiful!
Swidda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swidda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 08 at 21:54
Hello Everyone! I'm Steve and I'm from Dublin. 2 weeks ago I drunkenly agreed to buy an old LT 28 that had been laying up less than a mile from my house, It turned out to be a proper 8 seater "out of the factory" Kombi, It belonged to a Fire Station in a town called Dingolfing in Germany, They owned it from 1979 to 2001 and was brought to Ireland a couple of years back by some German dude, It's very clean and has only 88,000km on the clock which is about 55,000miles which aint bad, It's a 2ltr petrol model.
isup View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 08 at 22:13
i recently got mine and am in dublin too
Swidda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swidda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 08 at 22:22
Well if you notice someone with a big cheasy grin driving (very loudly and slowley) around Tallaght while sitting in the "passenger seat" thats me! please ignore me if if I come across rude by not waving or flashing the lights back, I'll be too busy concentrating on looking really cool........

Edited by Swidda - 09 Sep 08 at 22:32
isup View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 08 at 23:04
thats got a lot of potential, you gonna camperize it?  any more pics? 
1988 LT31 2.4 Turbo Diesel- slow work in progress --Eire
Swidda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swidda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 08 at 22:00
Yeah gonna do it over the winter hopefully, I'd love to pop top it but I think I'd have my work cut out finding one (ahem excuse the punn) the main thing for now is keeping it on the road...I'll take a few more pics if the rain stops, It looks a lot better now, all the black crap washed off an I got the sign writing off with some petrol....Where abouts are you yourself?
isup View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 08 at 09:09
im in rathmines, but ive nowhere to park the van around here just yet.

i have gutted the inside out of mine and have alot of work to do, but i would consider some kind of high roof if you are looking for the insurance/tax benifits of being a camper. i have learnt all the ins and outs of what you have to do
BenT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 08 at 09:40
Originally posted by isup isup wrote:

im in rathmines, but ive nowhere to park the van around here just yet.

i have gutted the inside out of mine and have alot of work to do, but i would consider some kind of high roof if you are looking for the insurance/tax benifits of being a camper. i have learnt all the ins and outs of what you have to do

We have to use similar tactics to avoid vehicle taxes. That's the closest thing we have to MOT in California. For example, pick-up trucks with a camper shell can be registered as a private vehicle. Otherwise, it's nearly double to register as a commercial vehicle. It's not that expensive though. It adds about $50 per year depending on weight. The nice thing is the commercial plates allows you to park in places such as downtown (Financial District) San Francisco where few street spaces are available for private cars. A ticket in one of those spaces can cost a years worth of vehicle fees. Same would be true for my LT Panelvan.

BenT
LT35 SWB Panelvan 2.0 Petrol engine
Swidda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swidda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 08 at 09:16
I was comparing prices for Camper vs Classic insurance, Classic insurance for an 8 seater Kombi still weighed in lower than the Camper insurance so I went for that, Its registered as a private vehicle unfortunatly so I dont get any parking benifits, in January it becomes a classic in the eyes of the Man so €59 a year tax and no more testing ever balances it out.
rossfromfriends View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossfromfriends Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 08 at 12:32

Just got back from France. It was a rollercoaster of a ride, but the van was solid. Lots of bread, stinky cheese and wine... My girlfriend has discovered she doesn't like camping, or driving, or France, or me... so I'm looking for a new girlfriend.

Time to go clean it out.
danhaines View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danhaines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 08 at 12:42
rossfromfriends
have you lowered the front end?
VW T4 1998 2.4d LWB
mike38 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 08 at 13:55
I was thinking that looks low on the front mine was like that when i got it the front springs had snapped and it had 13months mot fitted second hand springs all ok but ppl say its a common fault.

Mike
rossfromfriends View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossfromfriends Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 08 at 15:11

Here's a different point of view. It handles fine, so I don't think there's anything wrong with the springs, perhaps an optical illusion?   
danhaines View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danhaines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 08 at 15:13
looks pretty tidy!
what ski resorts you planning to visit?
VW T4 1998 2.4d LWB
isup View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 08 at 16:12
maybe you had the front filled with cases of wine.
BillMaryon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillMaryon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 08 at 16:18
Well, whichever one you decide to dispose of - let me know
Bill Maryon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 38>