The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

front hub splines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncroparge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: front hub splines
    Posted: 02 Jul 08 at 12:34
I am fitting new front wheel bearings longer studs and lower ball joint. I have just read in the Bentley manual that "splines on drive shaft and wheel hub must be free of oil and grease" it says that on re-assembley a 20 mm bead of D6 locking compound should be applied to the splines. My hub had a good ammount of grease in no sign of any locking compound. What do others do grease or locking compound? Thanks...
Ghia View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Nesh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 08 at 16:11
I've found that when they're stuck in with locking compound, the only thing it does it make it difficult to remove it next time!
I've never had one come loose and I never fit locking compound to them but I do torque to up to the correct figure. It's up to you.
MG
syncroparge View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncroparge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 08 at 07:24
Thanks MG you have confirmed what I was going to do.....
 Post Reply Post Reply