The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > The Coachbuilt forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can you show me your lowered Gipsy/Cheetah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can you show me your lowered Gipsy/Cheetah
    Posted: 23 Sep 08 at 21:36
Please ???

I want to lower my new Cheetah 50mm so i still have a little space under the arches.

Edited by ballbag - 23 Sep 08 at 22:02
busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 08 at 22:02
50mm should be ok but you will have to watch your choice of wheels

mines only down 30mm but I'm on 18s with the vw plastic arch bits and once me and the GF get in and fill the 85 litre tank the tyres are close to the arch

ballbag View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 08 at 22:07
Cheers

I just bought mine from Disco Stew on here, it has 16" merc alloys on.
busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 08 at 22:15
you'll be fine on 16s,  I do a lot of 'rough road' camping and have an underslung gas tank so can't slam it too much
Bluebays View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 08 at 22:18
Theseare 18s and a 50mm Drop,Although i dont have these rims now as they are far too common LOL

ballbag View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 08 at 22:23
That looks ace on a 50mm drop, i've just been looking at the 50mm avo springs on brickwerks.com
sventhrusta View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sventhrusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 08 at 22:46
This is a 50mm drop on avos with 16" Merc rims-the plastic wheel arch trim makes it look closer but on full lock with a full load it does touch sometimes
Bluebays View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 08 at 22:54
Originally posted by ballbag ballbag wrote:

That looks ace on a 50mm drop, i've just been looking at the 50mm avo springs on brickwerks.com

The very ones we used Wink We have underslung Gas tank too but,We are aimng for the First Cheetah on the Moon LOL

Edited by DWEEZIL - 23 Sep 08 at 22:55

ballbag View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 08 at 23:37
Originally posted by busbuddy busbuddy wrote:

50mm should be ok but you will have to watch your choice of wheels

mines only down 30mm but I'm on 18s with the vw plastic arch bits and once me and the GF get in and fill the 85 litre tank the tyres are close to the arch

Are the colours on your bus original dude?

I think they look great by the way
ballbag View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 08 at 23:38
Originally posted by sventhrusta sventhrusta wrote:

This is a 50mm drop on avos with 16" Merc rims-the plastic wheel arch trim makes it look closer but on full lock with a full load it does touch sometimes

That's it then, decision made, i'm gonna get on the blower and order them tomorrow
ballbag View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 08 at 23:38
Originally posted by DWEEZIL DWEEZIL wrote:

The very ones we used Wink We have underslung Gas tank too but,We are aimng for the First Cheetah on the Moon LOL

I don't know if i have an underslung tank or not, tbh i don't eve know what you mean

Edited by ballbag - 23 Sep 08 at 23:40
Devamatt View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devamatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 08 at 23:46
I dropped mine with 60mm springs Shocked

VW Coachbuilt Display at Deva
Fri 12th - Sun 14th June 2008 Shrewsbury Showground
www.DevaDubShow.co.uk

Compare Car Insurance Quotes
Thomas A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 08 at 05:39
Thank's Dweezil! 

I am just about to buy some 17" RS4 wheels...   Wink

I was planning to use my 14" Fuchs's but i think the undercarriage will be to near the ground when i have the stance i want.

We'll see!   Tongue

Edited by Thomas A - 24 Sep 08 at 05:40
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 08 at 07:42
ballbag you wont have an underslung gas tank its something chaps here have retrofitted to free up extra storage!!
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

Bluebays View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 08 at 10:01
Sorry Thomas LOL

busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 08 at 19:56

Are the colours on your bus original dude? 

yeah, the original buyer didn't want the karmann stripe or cheetah logo but specified the blue stripes, don't know why he did it but it's ok by me
COLEY View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COLEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 08 at 10:58
dweezil, what rims on the van please. just got a cheetah and needs lowerin and some nice rims.
rustydubs View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustydubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 08 at 12:24

heres mine!!
rustydubs View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustydubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 08 at 12:25
and another

COLEY View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COLEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 08 at 12:55
nice.mine is sitting in the clouds at the minute,needs hitting with lowering stick. no one around here seen or heard of a karmann gypsy or cheetah.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>