The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Has anyone ever fit coilovers on a T3?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransPorscher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 09 at 23:31
I've always said there's a lot of people who want really low suspension and really big wheels/skinny tyres.These people are more interested in wanking over their vehicles park in a field at shows than driving and using them for their intended purpose. Stationary looks or comfortable driving !!Wink

Charlie

Small Moves Big Grooves! WeFunkRadio.com

TransPorscher View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransPorscher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 09 at 23:34
Originally posted by Baxter Baxter wrote:

Yep, when you lower the rear you get a load of toe in and negative camber.
I have rectified mine by elongating the mounting holes for the rear arm, but I'm already out of adjustment and it's still not 100%, but I daren't elongate any more so I'm looking into other ways of sorting it.
With AVO -50mm springs, on the rear, with as much elongation as I dare I'm still running .5° negative camber.

Don't know if he's on this forum but someone I spoke to recently has made some wedge shaped shims to fit between the rear bearing housing and trailing arms.Apparently whilst his van was in a Subaru conversion place they copied them! Not RJ by the way !!

Another way a German friend has done it was to machine the trailing arm on the face where the bearing housing mounts.
Charlie

Small Moves Big Grooves! WeFunkRadio.com

Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 09 at 00:12
One step ahead there, something I have mulled over with my engineer.
I just need to work out how much to shim, and there would also have to be some wedge shaped washers to go with the longer bolts so that they sit square.
initially I think I may just be gask and trial it with washers and see what it takes to get the camber and tracking right, then transfer to drawings and make some shims.
I don't fancy machining the arms.
Without adjusting the tracking, well, should I say the tracking at the rear is at 5mm toe in at full adjustment!
Scary really.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12