The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > The Coachbuilt forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cheetah inside

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vw venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cheetah inside
    Posted: 13 Jun 09 at 09:30
hi having not seen one but want one
do the cheetahs have any belt systems in the rear?or has anyone fitted them?
is there a legal issue when carrying more than 2 ?
any help on this matter would be great cheers
busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 09 at 19:59
got 3 belts fitted by karmann in back of my cheetah but framework needed is easy to replicate, I think 2 on offside 1 on nearside

there was a post somewhere with pics, I'll try and dig it up tomorrow
vw venom View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vw venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 09 at 20:03
thanks bud 
as have kids need to know,cant have em rattling about
busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 09 at 17:27
think the post was lost
got my pics though

pretty self explanatory and easy to do, just need to strip seats out which aint hard, there are quite few karmanns with rear belts
busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 09 at 17:29
Originally posted by busbuddy busbuddy wrote:

I think 2 on offside 1 on nearside

wrong LOL

2 nearside 1 offside

Aspo13 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aspo13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 09 at 14:28
Will you be at Bus stopover?

We've got one little'un with another on the way. This is something that I'll have to sort out sooner rather than later otherwise we can't use it when the next one tips up in August!

Just wondered if you were there could I have a look at your van and get some pic's of my own so I know what to start fabricating etc. We'll be taking ours this weekend as well.

Cheers
Drop in late but show up early
vw venom View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vw venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 09 at 16:35
jeepers its not just me then,ha ha
im in same boat and just refuse to give up the vans
busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 09 at 19:09
not gonna be at stopover coz killed an engine a week ago so I have a small gap in the back LOL

I am collecting engines at the moment to give me a choice what to put in Big smile

I am only in LE7 which is 10 mins down the A46 from wymeswold if you are desperate to see it
Aspo13 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aspo13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 09 at 12:36
Thanks for that, not desperate at the moment.

First problem for today is tracing a gas leak, checking cooker, understanding why the fridge wont work, blah blah blah

Wonder if we will actually have it working in time for the off tomorrow! Confused
Bluebays View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 09 at 13:13
Originally posted by busbuddy busbuddy wrote:

not gonna be at stopover coz killed an engine a week ago so I have a small gap in the back LOL

I am collecting engines at the moment to give me a choice what to put in Big smile

I am only in LE7 which is 10 mins down the A46 from wymeswold if you are desperate to see it
V8 FTW Wink

Aspo13 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aspo13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 09 at 13:27
he,he,he

Smokin! Clap
Aspo13 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aspo13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 09 at 13:33
Just in case, if you plan on LPG'ing it my uncle is an approved fitter in Sheffield.

Mainly does them on P38 Range Rovers and big Audi's.

all the modern stuff is all sequential injectors and if I remember rightly he can map them more accurately than the factory ECU for petrol.

busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 09 at 19:22
thought about a v8 but only use big block fords and that engine bay aint big enough for that, even thought of chucking a cossie on kevs adapter LOL

i SHALL be at vanfest, for a week and half, so if you wanna see it grab me there Wink
vw venom View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vw venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 09 at 12:52
has anyone updated a interior on one of these coachbuilds? pics?
i call them marmite wagons you love em or hate em ,i love them and cant wait to own one
busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 09 at 20:34
depends what you mean by update, karmann pretty much got it spot on with the interior, I personally don't like the colour of the gipsy interior but thats just me which is why I got a cheetah

I replaced this bathroom

with this

and replaced the rear skylight with a big heki one

vw venom View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vw venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 09 at 21:46
very smart,love it,what i was asking about replacing seats and cupboards with up to date materials bcause im thinking about getting one and in the future letting calyipso play with it or do it myself

Edited by vw venom - 19 Jun 09 at 21:47
busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 09 at 21:57
ah I see, yep can be done, I know of one with retro vinyl with piping on the rear seating area

the interior can all be stripped out to leave an empty box but note that most of the gas, water and electrics run in the cavity between the vw van floor and the interior floor which makes it harder to relocate appliances about should you wish to

you have pm Wink 
vw venom View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vw venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 09 at 22:43
ok thanks for pm have joined this week but not had time to look yet
my idea was to updat not strip out completely
Aspo13 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aspo13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 09 at 10:30
Lov'in that revamped bathroom.

Where did you get the units from and are they a straight swop?

Mines still got the original sink but all the other stuff (toilet, vanity unit, cover under sink) is all missing. Just got a great big mirror where the vanity unit should be and it looks a bit of a dog's dinner, especially in a morning when I see my reflection LOL.

Main reason for getting a gipsy was to have a bathroom for sorting out children, rather than trying to hover them around in portaloo's.

Could you let me know, cheers
busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 09 at 20:37

all caravan based stuff, there are some tricky bits like moving the corner, moving the heating and the passenger side fixings of the sink and vanity unit being outside the wardrobe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>