The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > Stolen Van register.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

G63VKN White Caravelle Twin Slider London N8

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: G63VKN White Caravelle Twin Slider London N8
    Posted: 19 May 10 at 17:42
This was advertised on various places including Gumtree and it disappeared between Sunday night and today when I went to check on it.

Distinctive features

Twin slider
Front door have four pop rivet holes where the pods have been removed. Did have big bumpers on but these have been replaced for regular ones.

Had a recent slave cylinder on the clutch and water manifold

Advanced conversion fitted with lots of reading lights in the back and a neon.

Engine seal was incomplete.

Headlights were wildly out of aim.

Syncromesh was going on 3rd gear.

Tailgate has 2 grommets where the wiper and washer should have been.

Tailgate glass had a Bilbos sticker on it.

Caravelle sliding windows in both sliding doors.

Please call me if you see it 07881 493812 . Chris
chrisevans View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 10 at 20:49

Highlander View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highlander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 10 at 06:18
Hope you have luck with getting this back, too good to lose.

Edited by Highlander - 24 May 10 at 06:22
Ian MacRae, Tain, Highlands of Scotland.

'85 T3 westy from sunny California to sunny (?) Scotland
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 10 at 18:40
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 10 at 09:15
Please keep an eye out for bits/van this weekend at the shows. Thanks in advance Chris
kooldubs View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M STILL HERE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kooldubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 10 at 09:51
86 t3 doka & 2001 T4 2.5 TDI
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 10 at 09:59
It's Chris who's placed the advert Andy to try and get some info on where it is..

But then again with it being eBay it's not strange to see that 2 dickheads have made offers when it clearly states the van has been stolen.Wacko
kooldubs View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M STILL HERE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kooldubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 10 at 10:03
thats what i thought m8...good luck to him in finding it...will keep eyes peeled down this way...
86 t3 doka & 2001 T4 2.5 TDI
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 10 at 20:35
Seems it wasnt the only one - since the newspaper article I got two mails claiming to also have vans stolen. I was a blue /white high top reg G483 SAU which was stolen on the 17th or thereabouts. This was around 0.5 mile from where mine was stolen. The second was a Swift motorhome , taken a couple of miles away. I will post up a description of the VW if the owner wants me to ( I am waiting to hear). If you are parking your van in North London - lock/clamp/track it.
drliamski View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drliamski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 10 at 19:25
http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/very-distinctive-van-stolen-london-6jun-e282-wkk_topic54279.html

See my post on this thread. These are getting stolen far too often!!!!
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 14 at 10:18
4th anniversary of this one going - wonder where it ended up?

Edited by chrisevans - 15 Apr 14 at 10:20
timmythedog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

westy fetishist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmythedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 14 at 21:26
where did you end up? Did you get a pay out? Did you replace it? Do you still mourn it's disappearance? Do you need closure? Smile
Syncro doka td
T4 Multivan Generation, 151
89 Caravelle Exclusive 2.1
Caravelle GL AFN tdi
53 plate T4 Panel.888 special x factor.
88 DG Panel(uncut)
calypso Atlantic pop.
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 14 at 22:10
I didnt claim as was told it wasnt worth it compared to the loss in NCB.yes it still hurts that it was pinched ,compounded by a second van going 3 months later ,a much nicer one to boot.So I moved housd because of this . And yes I have an 87 club joker.
 Post Reply Post Reply