FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stainless exhaust anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Joe Knocker View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Knocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stainless exhaust anyone?
    Posted: 26 Jul 10 at 14:37
wow thats silly!!!!!!! £1500 i paid £449 and that was with the 2 silencer's from longlife, and there's one not too far from you over in mitcham  
ya can't flog a dead horse unless it's to a glue factory!!!
silverbullet View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 10 at 10:06
Got the quote on this morning...for a one-off system only (no manifold) £1500 Ouch and if it was 5-off, £930 each Ouch and I'd be doing it for glory...They're having a Turkish. The work there is nice, but I think they're trying to say they don't want the hassle of such a small quantity.
Longlife is is then.
Have I missed anything?
Joe Knocker View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Knocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 10 at 15:38
Hi ya 
 I have a longlife stainless on mine sounds ok but the manifold is blowing like a tank now, witch is driving me mad, as i blew up my head unit gggrrrraaaawww!!!! 

The stainless exhaust is up to the iron manifold and has a 5-2 with the flang but im going to go for a 5-1 stainless manifold as soon as i can find the £650 + vat i got quoted for that bit of tubular art!!!!  Dose any one need a new liver or a kindny? 

But if ya could find out a price for a 5-1 and if it's cheaper then what i got quoted let me know Big smile

Edited by Joe Knocker - 24 Jul 10 at 16:58
ya can't flog a dead horse unless it's to a glue factory!!!
TransPorscher View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransPorscher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 10 at 18:12
Keep us posted !!! Wink
Charlie

Small Moves Big Grooves! WeFunkRadio.com

silverbullet View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 10 at 11:51
I'm going to go and have a chat with a local stainless exhaust manufacturer today (Weds). They are called Cheesman Products and have been in business since 1973. 
I'm after a quote for a direct replacement performance stainless system to fit all 5 cylinder SA T3's, so I'm taking the 2.6 over for them to have a look on the ramp and they will work to the original system as a pattern. As far as I know, all the 2.5, 2.3i and 2.6i motors use the same exhaust.
I plan to do away with the restrictive "double-back" centre box and replace it with a straight-through box with a 180 bend and then have a double tailpipe on the rear box.
There may be an option to make a 5 branch manifold too, but that will bring the question of whether to go for a pukka 5-into-1 and do away with the double down pipe, or stick with the 5-into-2 and have a flange joint so it will fit buses with the standard iron manifold.
If I can raise an order for a batch of 5 systems, the unit cost will be far more reasonable.
What do you think? Interested?
Reply here if you're in.  NOTE these will be genuine lifetime guarantee systems.

also on 80-90

UPDATE Getting a price for a system from the downpipe flange (using standard iron manifold) with round straight-through boxes (cheaper than ovals). Tailpipe tbc. Should be a day or so.

Edited by silverbullet - 21 Jul 10 at 15:26
Have I missed anything?
 Post Reply Post Reply