The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > South African T3s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

South African T3 on Ebay - 19,000miles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zimbok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: South African T3 on Ebay - 19,000miles
    Posted: 05 Sep 10 at 22:58
Not mine and nothing to do with me.

There is what looks like a beauty of a South African van on Ebay at the moment.

1990 T3, Devon Conversion Microbus
silverbullet View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 10 at 12:08
Worth every penny. What a peach and one owner plus history. Nice colour too!
I'd sell the fleet for that Ouch I should sell everything for that.
Have I missed anything?
TransPorscher View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransPorscher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 10 at 12:13
Originally posted by silverbullet silverbullet wrote:

Ummmmm !!! I'm thinking the same !!!!  Having 3 big window SA buses would be a bit greedy me thinks !! Wink

Edited by TransPorscher - 06 Sep 10 at 12:30
Charlie

Small Moves Big Grooves! WeFunkRadio.com

BOBBER View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
stella fella

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOBBER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 10 at 12:18
Nice innit.
monsho View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 10 at 12:48
Originally posted by TransPorscher TransPorscher wrote:

Originally posted by silverbullet silverbullet wrote:

Ummmmm !!! I'm thinking the same !!!!  Having 3 big window SA buses would be a bit greedy me thinks !! Wink

Err, and a Porsche one!

Big smile
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 10 at 20:27
Originally posted by monsho monsho wrote:

Err, and a Porsche one!

Big smile
I've seen the pictures.  Now I want to sell the legacy lump, lock stock, and go hunting for a 996 engine and trans. So wrong it hurts.
Have I missed anything?
Hillshy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hillshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 10 at 21:03
very nice bus. spotless!
1990 velle weekender(Hilli) AAZ

B5 Passat V6 TDI Tiptronic
A3 PD170 s-line soon to be sold asap bloody pd engines!
SUKI SJ410 on stilts
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransPorscher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 10 at 00:06

A Porsche one ?? Who me ????

One day !!  Having too much fun at the mo sorting out a certain BODGED !!! SA Caravelle that was allegedly one of the best in the cuntry !!!

Picking the SA bus up tomorrow with a full stainless exhaust system, pictures to follow !!!Wink

Edited by TransPorscher - 07 Sep 10 at 00:08
Charlie

Joe Knocker View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Knocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 10 at 20:28
What a fat bus!!!!!!! That is the kind of bus I drive in my dream's!!

I have only seen one other T3 that was as good as that up for sale, but it wasn't a SA it was Oettiger WBX 3.7 fully loaded that went for £13,000 i think in the end so £12,000 for that is a deffo I need to sell every thing moment!!! 
ya can't flog a dead horse unless it's to a glue factory!!!
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 10 at 21:58
Did that peach sell or was it at VF for even more money LOL
Have I missed anything?
VWT32.6 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VWT32.6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 10 at 18:02
Not for sale:)
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 10 at 17:03
Very coy...but you've already told us what we all need to know and well done! Clap 
I dare say we'll be in touch as the 2.6 uber-clique membership currently numbers... about two LOL

Edited by silverbullet - 20 Sep 10 at 17:07
Have I missed anything?
VWT32.6 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VWT32.6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 10 at 17:40
Smile only 2 lol i new it was a small group over here but i am supprised of how few
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 10 at 08:47
Well there is the 2.6 "white one with no interior" that turned up on ebay a while back (I nearly bought it - near miss) but it seems to have disappeared. There's one in Eire possibly but that's about it for those that are "on the scene".
Andy E has the remains of a rolled 2.3 that is going in his doka, so that's about it for the Motronic R5 posse! The 2.5's are quite different as they run K-jetronic mechanical injection; there's rather more of those as the SA roll call has confirmed.
I'd really like to take a lookaround yours sometime; my engine loom has been slightly mucked about and I'd like to put it right if poss.
Have I missed anything?
VWT32.6 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VWT32.6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 10 at 09:13

Ok no problem ref takeing a look i am not far from you, any reason why there are few 2.6 here? ref parts locating is that much of a problem?

Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 10 at 11:20
I think you need to spin over to mine one weekend for a cuppa and a chinwag! I reckon the rarity of the big window SA buses is a combination of: people don't always like the looks + "not German made" snobbery = never driven one so don't know how good they are (Transporscher will be along soon to sing their praises Wink)
Factor in the recent rise in values and hence import duties, never mind the import difficulties...
Mine was brough over by a guy who emigrated from SA/Zimbabwe and brought it off the boat at Bristol, where most of the 2.5's will be found.
Ref parts, I have done some digging around to find out what most of the unique service bits are so it's not a total nightmare. A lot of it is Audi 80/90/100/200 with the rest VW parts bin from mid-80's onwards.
Russel at syncronutz knows more than anyone (if you can get hold of him, usually via 80-90)

Edited by silverbullet - 21 Sep 10 at 11:24
Have I missed anything?
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransPorscher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 10 at 00:04
I would sing their praises but I can't sing !!  I could play em a drum roll tho !!! I'm typing this on the ferry on the way to 2 bus meetings in Germany.My 2.5 SA T3 is now running on LPG with a f'ing gurt 140 ltr tank (112ltr) sitting where the back seat used to be!! This should give me a very nice range without any need for running on that nasty rip-off Petrol shite!!! I've got empty euro motorways ahead tonight with a quality sound system to boot !!! Steve B,you never experienced your old bus like this dude !!!!
Charlie

Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 10 at 00:12
Oh it was good when on just petrol Charlie but now it's gassed there's no need to "take it steady" now I suppose. Wink

Will this be it's first Autobahn blast on gas and the new exhaust?

Mmmm the noise! Big smile

Have a good un.
gusbang View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gusbang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 10 at 22:57
T3 Doka 2.1MV
 Post Reply Post Reply