Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > South African T3s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

See this....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PROBATION
PROBATION
Bullshitter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jed the spread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: See this....
    Posted: 22 Sep 10 at 21:32
The pocket on the inside of the door, the black bit near the foot well if the door was closed.... Is it a South African bus feature and if so any close up pictures of one and what exactly is it used for?

[URL=http://www.whatatool.com[/URL]

My real name is Jarrod Walsh my number is 07940177101 or email Jed@campervanCulture.com for enquiries.
monsho View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 10 at 21:57
Tis just a bit of plastic or vinyl to protect the paint from shoes and that - Baxter has some in his westy...
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 10 at 22:30
Plastic.

Im quite jealous of Baxters, cos my doors have rubber marks from my boots across there.

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
jed the spread View Drop Down
PROBATION
PROBATION
Bullshitter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jed the spread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 10 at 07:29
I thought I was onto some undiscovered secret compartment type thing. Thanks for the replies.

jed

My real name is Jarrod Walsh my number is 07940177101 or email Jed@campervanCulture.com for enquiries.
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 10 at 08:13
you might be... we could be covering it up with our stories of stick on plastic bits

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
shapey View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shapey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 10 at 10:26
looking for somewhere to hide your stash? Wink
silverbullet View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 10 at 11:44

Jed you can always have a look around my 2.6...don't be shy!

And yes that plastic panel is a "big window" detail. Not sure if it's stuck on or retained by clips, but I'm not going to prise it off just to find out.

Edited by silverbullet - 23 Sep 10 at 11:46
Have I missed anything?
PROBATION
PROBATION
Bullshitter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jed the spread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 10 at 12:56
Originally posted by shapey shapey wrote:

looking for somewhere to hide your stash? Wink

Nah...thats already dealt with,

Just a bog under the seat?

Lift the back rest and...

Wink

jed

PROBATION
PROBATION
Bullshitter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jed the spread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 10 at 12:58
Originally posted by silverbullet silverbullet wrote:

And yes that plastic panel is a "big window" detail. Not sure if it's stuck on or retained by clips, but I'm not going to prise it off just to find out.

Do it and lets see.

jed

shapey View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shapey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 10 at 13:05
tidy! LOL
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 10 at 16:13
Originally posted by jed the spread jed the spread wrote:

Originally posted by silverbullet silverbullet wrote:

Do it and lets see.

jed
I might just have a peek anyway...pic later
PS Groovebox hideyhole - far better than the taste of diesel...
Have I missed anything?
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 10 at 20:13
Flimsy piece of vacuum-moulded plastic, like most of the SA trim, unfortunately.
Stuck on with thick double-sided tape.
Shame they couldn't make their trim as durable as Germany's...
Have I missed anything?
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 10 at 22:27
Originally posted by jed the spread jed the spread wrote:

The pocket on the inside of the door, the black bit near the foot well if the door was closed.... Is it a South African bus feature and if so any close up pictures of one and what exactly is it used for?

VW in Germany fitted Ali plates in this section for military/emergency vehicles. Was a proper pressing/fitting. I *think* it is obsolete now though.
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

TransPorscher View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransPorscher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 10 at 23:55
Got a new pair of the SA door kick plates here if anyone wants them???
Charlie

Small Moves Big Grooves! WeFunkRadio.com

monsho View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 10 at 23:57
me please!

TransPorscher View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransPorscher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 10 at 20:19
You sure ???  U wanna pay £50 for some flimsy plastic ??? LOL  Gis a call one eve ! Wink
Charlie

Small Moves Big Grooves! WeFunkRadio.com

monsho View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 10 at 20:31
Big smile

Didn't say I'd pay you for em, but I want them!

Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 10 at 09:04
Everyone wants SA cherries...
But if anyone fancies some in 2/3mm ali chequerplate, I have about 20 square ft in the corner of the workshop? I was going to make a few sets of step treads for syncros too.

Edited by silverbullet - 05 Oct 10 at 09:12
Have I missed anything?
 Post Reply Post Reply