The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Bus Park
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T3 Doka "project"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T3 Doka "project"
    Posted: 05 Oct 10 at 21:13
It doesn't look like it needs that much doing to it! LOL

Don't start what you can't finish!
crewpad View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crewpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 10 at 21:38
nice dude.....
chips dips chains n whips....
Sunny Jim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunny Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 10 at 22:16
Nice Wheels.
What you got planned for it ?
kooldubs View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M STILL HERE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kooldubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 10 at 15:45
eat the rust by the looks of it...
86 t3 doka & 2001 T4 2.5 TDI
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 10 at 17:18
seen worse on the road! soon be right!
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
Zebedee View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebedee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 10 at 17:26
Looks a nice doka.
ianboydsnr View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
I SMELL OF WEE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianboydsnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 10 at 19:41
Originally posted by Zebedee Zebedee wrote:

Looks a nice doka.

its fab, wish I had a reason to own one, a syncro doka would be the ultimate LOL
kooldubs View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M STILL HERE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kooldubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 10 at 20:02
them wheels are south african pepper posts in they
 good luck with what ever you decide to do with your new toy chap...mines been cut to pieces at the moment...
86 t3 doka & 2001 T4 2.5 TDI
Syncost Alot. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
horns apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syncost Alot. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 10 at 20:08
There is always a reason for a Doka.

From that one pic it looks like a ton of work to me though! Get stuck in!! Thumbs Up
Founder member of the "WESTERN FRONT VOLKSWAGEN KLUB".......membership no 0001
Lits View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 10 at 21:17
Originally posted by Sunny Jim Sunny Jim wrote:

Nice Wheels.
What you got planned for it ?

Bought it to help my brother with his extension, (get loads on the back), thought it would be a nice cheap-ish run about LOL.
Also i fancied having a go at spraying and A BIT of bodywork, now the extension is second on the list Embarrassed.

Was just going to get rid of some rust and paint it, but having been on this forum everyone else puts so much into their T3's i am going to have to put a bit of effort in Wink.

Lits View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 10 at 21:28
Originally posted by kooldubs kooldubs wrote:

them wheels are south african pepper posts in they
 good luck with what ever you decide to do with your new toy chap...mines been cut to pieces at the moment...

They are pepper pots made by Atiwe, i think they were an option in this country but could be wrong (usually am).

I am missing a centre cap, and have been looking on the web for one, if any body has or knows about any let me know. Smile

Thanks for your replies Thumbs Up will put something more interesting on later.

Lits View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 10 at 21:51

Did a bit on van over weekend. Decided to do both rear wheel arches the off side one was beyond repair once i 'd ground through the "surface rust" LOL. The near side didn't appear to be as bad till i realised most of it was filler and fibreglass Cry.
So got replacement arches for both.

Roughly cut off old arch

After further grinding/cutting I was left with this hole! The corrosion caused by dirt and water building up that made its way down air vent and had not been cleaned out. Thumbs Down 

There was quite a bit of dirt and also something I didn't expect! LOL

I cleaned out all I could and made patches for holes, before welding in new arch.

New arch in Smile  Couple of dents that need a skim of filler on where I had to persuade panel in.
Not a perfect fit but when it cost less than £30 not bad at all.

Big smile
Vanorak
Vanorak
horns apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syncost Alot. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 10 at 10:33
Show the love!!
Doka rears are always worse than first thought!!!
Zebedee View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebedee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 10 at 11:49
Nice work on the rear arch. Much better than filler and fibreglass. Wink
Lits View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 10 at 22:17

Not had a lot of time to work on the doka thought I'd sort bumpers as a small inbetween task, only a couple of rusty patches to sand and treat.

Not sure what colour to paint bumpers (or the T3 Wink)

Locker catch mounting not in good condition so rather than patch it, thought I' d grind it off and make another one. Confused

Previously been patched, too rusty to save. 

Its not going to be quite as easy as I originally thought Cry some more cutting and bending required.  The factory mounts are quite "contoured" at least the one on the drivers side is in good condition to copy from. 

Hopefully I'll post some pictures of finished mount when it's done. 

BALDY3260 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BALDY3260 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 10 at 09:56

nice work litsClap centre caps for the atiwe wheels still available frow vw £3.88 plus vatWink just ordered four for mine

'95 T4 syncro multivan '08 fiat500(mrs b's)1968 eriba pan/familia (also mrs b's)
Vanorak
Vanorak
horns apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syncost Alot. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 10 at 09:57
Don't you just hate Dokas! LOL
Zebedee View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebedee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 10 at 10:29
One of my mates just got a new panel for the locker catch from his local vw main stealer.
They only had one in their warehouse from someone who ordered one years back and never collected and they are now obsolete from VW.
Lits View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 10 at 20:34
Originally posted by BALDY3260 BALDY3260 wrote:

nice work litsClap centre caps for the atiwe wheels still available frow vw £3.88 plus vatWink just ordered four for mine

Thanks, great tip on centre caps ordered 4 today Big smile never even thought about main dealers Embarrassed 
Lits View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 11 at 22:04

Haven't put anything on for a while Embarrassed 

Last post was about the locker catch mount, i fabricated one but it looked shit so a bungee is 

keeping it shut till i come up with a better idea Confused

I ve nearly had it for a year and its still a million miles off but still using it to get to and from work 

and picking my son up, he loves going in it Big smile

Thought i'd do something with pick up bed, been repaired at front before but needed doing again.

Before the butchering!

Didn't have a spot weld drill but because ofthe size of the repair spot welds i don't think it would have helped!

Trusty grinder saved me again

Got a bit bored of grinding but interest of what was underneath kept me going LOL

All cross members in good condition, except the one that the front panel and rear panels sat on

3rd one from cab well and truly fooked!

needs new piece making, ordered some 40 x 40 x 2.5 box today.

(thinking about widening engine hatch, never know when you might need to drop something else in) Wink

All ready for cross member repairs and rust removal of seams from the inside Big smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>