The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > Stolen Van register.
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Stolen Glasgow - White Westfalia LHD reg G462 JSG
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stolen Glasgow - White Westfalia LHD reg G462 JSG

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aye-AyeBooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stolen Glasgow - White Westfalia LHD reg G462 JSG
    Posted: 26 Sep 11 at 20:45
Stolen from outside our flat on Glasgow Street, Hillhead, around midnight, 25 September 2011, spotted a few minutes later on West Bank Quadrant.

It says AYE-AYE BOOKS on one side.
If you see it let us know (and the police!).

Thanks
Martin

07946 643 757
martin@aye-ayebooks.com

Edited by Aye-AyeBooks - 26 Sep 11 at 22:41
vwmorty View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vwmorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 11 at 21:02
hope you dont mind but i copied this post and put up on our local vw club site

heres the link just in case theres a sighting..

good luck hope you get it back

vwmorty
on of these days it will be finished
Aye-AyeBooks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aye-AyeBooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 11 at 21:52
thanks! Don't mind at all. I just registered there so can't post yet.
mcgill5 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcgill5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 11 at 04:44
bastards! certainly keep a watch on my many travels through-out the uk for you. if you are stuck for wheels give me a shout? have a camper you could use til the insurance sort you out? cheers mcgill (SYNCRO-NUTZ) 07732098577Sleepy
scottish vanners View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottish vanners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 11 at 13:04
posted on the scottish van club site as well matey,

ill spread the word with some of the yards to see if it comes in or its shell Cry
stephmac View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 11 at 19:11
Will keep an eye out down here in Ayrshire. Theivin basturts
1987 T3 Caravelle 1.9 DG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aye-AyeBooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 11 at 19:27
FOUND!
We followed a facebook trail to the alleyway behind various bars and nightclubs in the centre of Glasgow, with an electronic gate on it, to find the van abandoned at the end, with new number plates, no visible damage, all the contents gone (awning, bedding, child seats, clothing, record player...), but hopefully not seriously harmed. I don't know yet because the police took it away to be dusted.

Thank you for your concern and for spreading the word!

scottish vanners View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottish vanners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 11 at 19:34
awsome news buddy love a happy ending Cool

hope the bastards soon get shafted, but i would fire up to blochairn this weekend and
have a wee look at the stalls for your stuff.

shame they nicked that stuff thoughCry
stephmac View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 11 at 10:35
Nice of the polis to give it a wee dusting for you, hope they wash the windows too. One question, record player ? WTF Smile
1987 T3 Caravelle 1.9 DG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aye-AyeBooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 11 at 12:40
stephmac View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 11 at 16:32
Lol, I had all my 45s looked out too Tongue
1987 T3 Caravelle 1.9 DG
Alonline View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
VW Customer Service

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 11 at 23:27
I once seen one of those things called a record player. You turned the handle and the dog would sit and listen?Thumbs Up

AS long as the wagon is back safe and sound it's an opportunity to recustomise it and spend some money!

I a large firm we had a sat tracker and com system we could lock doors and kill the engine if stolen. We had a spare switching output left and one of my contract managers wanted to put a bottle of chorline gas below the seat so if they stole it you could gas them. Temping though but that would not be in keeping with their human rights to steal your wagon.

Go on give it a treat a good wash and polish!Big smile
Camping Bazz View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camping Bazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 11 at 23:43
Nice to see one recovered Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply