The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

dimensions westy fresh water tank

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lloydy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dimensions westy fresh water tank
    Posted: 29 Feb 12 at 21:19
Hi all, thinking of fitting one of these in my multivan. Does anyone have the dimensions, or have any knowledge of whether it will fit under a full width multivan R&R bed?
cheers, lloyd
Oh, and does anyone know how many litres it holds?
fatboy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
judge judy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 12 at 00:22
My westy is the one with the corner seat and has the tank under the corner so would fit under your full width seat-I would imagine?
I will measure it up tomorrow as its out of the van and not going back in!
'83 T3 westy - biguns got it
68 buggy again!- Roger the cat is going to finish it
Syncro, previously known as the scoobyvelle

Shit I need to sell some MORE cars!
jaybeeonline View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybeeonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 12 at 08:18
Here you go.

Width - 56cm 
Height - 27cm 
Top depth - 41cm 
Bottom depth - 30cm.
The top and bottom depth is where the tank is shaped to follow the slope of the rear bulkhead whilst the front remains vertical.

J.
lloydy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lloydy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 12 at 13:06
Thats great! many thanks.
 I'll have a measure up when i get my van back. On kinda the same subject... i see a lot of them have spade connectors on the side, i presume these are for the level sensors? Or is the pump inside too?
jaybeeonline View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybeeonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 12 at 15:47
Lloyd.

The terminials are for the level sensor disco lights on the cooker control panel, though I am sure a CBE water level gauge would work on it.

They didn't have inbuilt pumps and my Joker had an inline one just below the tap operated from a microswitch.

J.
lloydy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lloydy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 12 at 20:31
Many thanks
Stefvan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stefvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 12 at 12:24
See Ebay item 330694019515 if Jaybeeonline hasn't pointed it out to you already !

Stefvan

Edited by Stefvan - 02 Mar 12 at 12:28
lloydy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lloydy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 12 at 17:16
Cheers, I have seen that. I might endup doing my usual and buy first and worry how it fits later (is that the wedge shaped one or the rectangle one??) as my vans off having a new engine fitted.
Need to work out some quick release fittings and run the pipework under the flooring, so I can connect it to my kitchen unit. This unit only holds 9l so not really enough for a family of 4

Edited by lloydy - 02 Mar 12 at 17:24
 Post Reply Post Reply