The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Other VW > Caddy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mk1 caddy quick project (hopefuly)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 13 at 14:20
cheers mate,  wasn't sure on the colour of them at first but I think they look quite cool :)

up date time!  

first things first got my sticker on :)  

valve caps.... see how long those last! 

grills in and black. deffenetly look much better!  

scuff plates made up :) 

then had her started.. started first touch of the key although it sounds very rattley top end and there is White ish smoke, I have a video but photofukit won't let me upload it at the minute... it sounds very tractor like, figured out the pump is retarded so had it on the dti gauge set it all up to 1 mm of lift at Tdc tighten everything up spin it over to check it and it has jumped to. 9 or. 8 or. 7 every time we do it will not stay at 1 mm but everything is tight..... someone sujested my pump is knackered, is this correct :(? 

And to top it off 

stripped it right down turned out the bolts used in the oil cooler were too short so at least that is rectified now!  

more soon hopefully if I haven't destroyed the bloody thing!  
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 13 at 22:08

gear stick sorted ..

other side top on and my press the dot studs for me bed cover 

sweet rear end ;) 

started making my cover 

just need to find my self an industrial sewing machine 

after much hard work and blue air the timing is sorted ... it was a tooth out and managed to keep it at 1mm TDC 

i do have a video of the first run but for some reason my phone wont upload the video so you will just have to trust me on that one! 
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 13 at 20:03
well took my cover to some 'professional' to stitch as my sewing machine was not heavy duty enough and this turned up back at my house, looks like he was pissed when he did it! and because it has been sewed dodgey it is 1/2 an inch too short so this is currently being re made.

but on a good note........

first time since May 2012 it has moved under its own steam, just needs a wash and a polish and need to find a 5 spd cup as gears are incredibly hard to hit

mot booked though :p
sandancer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 13 at 23:18
like the front bumper and seats, you get a sense of acheviment once it is on the road, good luck with the MOT
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 13 at 23:41
What you doing over here sandancer:p? Yeah a deffinate sense of achievement it has taken so long! And cheers they are something abit different :)
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 13 at 23:50
That guy who did the sewing is some kind of c unit?
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 13 at 01:15
Aye it seems that way :/ supposed to be some sort of professional I beg to differ
Gtavalanche View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 13 at 09:00
Looks fantastic. You must be chuffed to bits!
I taste Hurty!
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 13 at 13:57
I fucking hate this Caddy nothing goes right with it.

drove back wards to give it a clean the ground dips and oh look, fucks the back arches. great need to sort this before Tuesday!

sandancer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 13 at 20:14
Originally posted by nicko868 nicko868 wrote:

What you doing over here sandancer:p? Yeah a deffinate sense of achievement it has taken so long! And cheers they are something abit different :)
i like to get about abit, on lots of VW forums
have you got a side shot of the caddy
sandancer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 13 at 20:47
you could try extended shackles, that would bring it up a touch and should miss the wheel arch
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 13 at 00:32
Ah I see fair enough :p.... Yeah extended shackles are an option but I do like the hight I have no idea what happened as I know people run lower with wider wheels and don't have an issue.... Side shot yeah I will try and find
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 13 at 00:35
We'll there is this one

How she sits normally I thought it looks about right

This is how it ended up when in the dip,
Pass side

Drivers side

Going to try some lower profiles tommrow

nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 13 at 19:09

PASS!!!!

Bumpstops made too ;)
mcpapabling View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcpapabling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 13 at 20:10
Loving the interior seats! Thumbs Up

If you get a chance check out my Caddy rebuild too Beer
Proud Owner Of A Gambian Red MK1 Caddy. And The Entire 45BHP Under The Bonnet ;)
http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/cookies-1988-caddy-build_topic82318.html
sandancer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 13 at 20:21
glad to hear you passed, get some shackles and you can adjust them to what you need, or make your own
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 13 at 11:21
well first really run this weekend, Lincoln to Watergate bay in Cornwall with a stop off in birth Devon for reg to tweek me GTD 

made it down there fine but it developed an alternator squeak this was sorted at reg's and got the engine running sweet like a completely different machine 

set off again on our way, got 20 miles further on my trip and this happened........  

the alternator noise came back and destroyed the pulley. with no alternator in the middle of no where I had no other option 

however no way was this going on so had to wait a further 2 hours 

finally got to the place we were staying at 19 hours after setting off! 

had arranged a new alternator in Plymouth for Tuesday however mk2joe and me dad have sourced one and have ended up down here too, hopefully have it sorted as soon as we can find a new belt. 

on a plus side got the cover made - 

well that's all for now hopefully it's better news next time!  

nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 13 at 21:14
All fixed sourced a new alternator in nude and got it sorted!! Thank God

Any way quick pic from earlier

Size off in st ives
gusbang View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gusbang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 13 at 21:49
Originally posted by nicko868 nicko868 wrote:

sourced a new alternator in nude

It's up to you how you source parts!!
T3 Doka 2.1MV
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 13 at 13:57
It's a good feeling ;) .....

Fuck auto correct! It's bude I ment haha!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>