The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

gearstickgaiter/rubber boot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 13 at 20:26
I did not have much success on line with vw classic .de once i went over 2 items they just drop off the cart ! and you have to start again, the pages not fully translating did not help either so i sent an e-mail asking for a phone number as not listed. No number was the reply any way after many e-mails was 25.20 euro (£21-35 stg) to southern Ireland so in the end just phoned Andy at vw heritage and although the gator is not on their  part search they can get it found this much easier and much less frustrating !
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 13 at 21:53

I didn't have the dropping of the cart problem, but it was all in German.

I used one tab with Google translate open, and the other on the shopping cart and flicked back and forth copying and pasting Big smile

Takes a little patience though!

Back in the slow lane, yeah!
lorryloader View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 13 at 15:23
Prob beyond me ! will gator do for RHD ?
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 13 at 19:52
Originally posted by lorryloader lorryloader wrote:

will gator do for RHD ?

Not sure - I've got my old LHD one if someone wants to try it. I don't know anyone local to me with a RHD van that I can try it on.

Edited by Chappy - 18 Oct 13 at 20:43
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 13 at 16:31
Ok Chappy thanks for your help so far can/has anyone else tried ?
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 13 at 18:03
Just been out and fitted my new LHD gaitor to my LHD van and all is good.

But, I have to say, I took a look at the hole it covers and to my untrained eye it looks completely symetrical.

I'd be amazed if the RHD hole is different, and if that's the case they should be directly interchangeable.

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 13 at 12:28
Don't know but at a guess i would say RHD hole would be more elongated as the amount of travel required for the g/stick to move  left for the linkage cross bar to work.
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 13 at 14:44

Don't know but at a guess i would say RHD hole would be more elongated as the amount of travel required for the g/stick to move  left for the linkage cross bar to work.

Yep, I think you're right bud.  Just been looking at LTcamper89's photo and it is different to mine.  I didn't take into account the issue to where the 'hump' is located.
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 13 at 14:53

This is what my hole Embarrassed looks like:

LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 13 at 17:25
Not much room for finding reverse and first. A lot more north/south.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 13 at 11:53
Originally posted by Chappy Chappy wrote:

Yep, I think you're right bud.  Just been looking at LTcamper89's photo and it is different to mine.  I didn't take into account the issue to where the 'hump' is located.
 Well done for posting photo but would simply turning the gator do the trick i wonder ?
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 13 at 11:55
Originally posted by LTCamper89 LTCamper89 wrote:

Not much room for finding reverse and first. A lot more north/south.

Yes well described RHD is more east-west !
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 13 at 11:58
Hey Chappy could't show you my hole even if i wanted too !have computer issues can't post pic's.Shocked
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234