The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Useful threads.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro tunnel regs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plinsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Euro tunnel regs
    Posted: 10 May 13 at 18:00
Evening all,
Apologies if this was asked before. Just one question if I may: I know that the underfloor tank can only be full to 80% but can I take an additional 3way fridge with a gas bottle inside the van?
Do I need to carry log book or any other document, please?
Anything else I should think of, please?
Many thanks
Plinsky
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 13 at 19:20
You should take logbook and insurance certs and mot cert.

The cylinder should be OK.
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

plinsky View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plinsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 13 at 20:07
Thanks Jason: just realised there going to be 5 of us. Is that going to be an issue?
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 13 at 21:07
With who? Everyone seated and belted? If so shouldn't be an issue
aberdare. south wales

plinsky View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plinsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 13 at 21:20
5 boys 2 at front 2 on bench and one on buddy seat (that had no belt) my worry is that log book says van seats 4...
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 13 at 21:35
I doubt you'd get it checked. Can't the buddy seat be belted?
aberdare. south wales

plinsky View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plinsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 13 at 21:54
The buddy seat has two small belt like buckles to attach it to the rear of the passenger seat but it does not have a seat belt per se. Is it something I could quickly do tomorrow? Or may be add it to the bench seat..?
fragilecolin View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fragilecolin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 13 at 20:06
Just travelled through the tunnel and a few more sneaky rules have emerged...
1: You need enough high vis vests for the "potential" number of passengers. So, you may have two passengers but five seats, you will need five vests.
2: You need TWO breathalisers
3: If you have a sat nav with speed camera facility it will be confiscated and you will get a 80E fine. If you have a TomTom you can add a software update to change French cameras into "danger zones" you then need to print off a certificate of conformity from the TomTom site!

Sneaky feckers!
On bended knee is no way to be free.
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 13 at 23:05
I was sure the breathalyzer thing has been revoked?
aberdare. south wales

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fragilecolin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 13 at 23:20
Not revoked, I think they can't prosecute now but can fine, but the French law appears quite vague. The biggest issue is if you meet the pain in the arse copper at least you are prepared. At the end of the day if you cover all the bases and then get stopped you will only be stopped for a short while rather than arguing the toss and struggle with the language barrier.
AdrianC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 13 at 09:18
Originally posted by plinsky plinsky wrote:

5 boys 2 at front 2 on bench and one on buddy seat (that had no belt) my worry is that log book says van seats 4...

Eurotunnel isn't going to be your biggest risk, with five people in a vehicle that only (legally) seats four.
Adrian & Ellie
Zookeeper of a miscellany of motoring silliness, from 0.75bhp to 9ft tall.
Living life on the road in an '88 2.1 Club Joker Hightop.
http://WhereverTheRoadGoes.com
plinsky View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plinsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 13 at 09:25
Ok,
Been and gone: all good. Lesson learnt: ended up going on the ferry. With buddy seat no questions about number of passengers. Required to travel: triangle, high vis, ligh bulbs and breathalyser. Thank you all for your help
AdrianC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 13 at 09:44

Lesson learnt: ended up going on the ferry. With buddy seat no questions about number of passengers.

That's still not addressing the fact that you've got more people in the van than is legal... Monsieur le Flic is going to throw the book at you, should you and he have a chat.
Adrian & Ellie
plinsky View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plinsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 13 at 09:46
Indeed, you are correct. Insurance changed as a result of trip.
AdrianC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 13 at 09:51

Indeed, you are correct. Insurance changed as a result of trip.

And the logbook?

The French will expect you to have the Carte Grise (their term for logbook) on you - and they will expect it to say the number of occupants. And they WILL go with the lowest number they see.

If they see you going past, and notice a head where they don't expect a ("proper") seat, that's likely to pique their interest, which is going to greatly increase your chances of a tug.
Adrian & Ellie
plinsky View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plinsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 13 at 09:57
True: I forgot that I took that, certificate of insurance and MOT. Morale of the story: will never travel with more passengers than stated on log book-EVER
Nicklouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicklouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 13 at 19:56
Originally posted by fragilecolin fragilecolin wrote:

Not revoked, I think they can't prosecute now but can fine, but the French law appears quite vague. The biggest issue is if you meet the pain in the arse copper at least you are prepared. At the end of the day if you cover all the bases and then get stopped you will only be stopped for a short while rather than arguing the toss and struggle with the language barrier.
it has now been revoked. Breathalysers are not needed now in France.
plinsky View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plinsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 13 at 19:57
Thank you
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fragilecolin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 13 at 19:59
Originally posted by Nicklouse Nicklouse wrote:

Originally posted by fragilecolin fragilecolin wrote:

it has now been revoked. Breathalysers are not needed now in France.
No way! I have literally just been out lunchtime and bought two! Oh Miley Cyrus' arse jiblets!
chris7ian View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris7ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 14 at 23:04
My last bus had 12 SEATER on the V5 :D ...that would've been expensive on hi-via jackets!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>