The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Late AAZ with Immo wiring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basonjillett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Late AAZ with Immo wiring
    Posted: 06 Sep 13 at 15:38
Having looked at the late AAZ wiring thread it looks like i have the Later AAZ with immobilser.
The engine is in a lovely condition having only covered 50000 miles so i am keen to not start changing pumps etc.
I have the full wiring loom with the immobilser box and key etc.
I have the diagrams and have stripped out the control unit wiring.
I was just wondering if anyone else had gone down this route and if there was a definative helpful thread.
Sorry if this has been covered before any help greatly appreiciated if not i will plod on.
basonjillett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basonjillett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 13 at 14:25
Update spoke to a Reg Cheeseman great chap send him your immobilised pump and £80 and you get back a pump with all the jive taken off and just a one wire solonoid start up.
A great way to use the latest version of the AAZ and it goes great.

Find him on Ebay  under Reg Cheeseman 
light View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote light Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 13 at 11:30
Originally posted by basonjillett basonjillett wrote:

Having looked at the late AAZ wiring thread it looks like i have the Later AAZ with immobilser.
The engine is in a lovely condition having only covered 50000 miles so i am keen to not start changing pumps etc.
I have the full wiring loom with the immobilser box and key etc.
I have the diagrams and have stripped out the control unit wiring.
I was just wondering if anyone else had gone down this route and if there was a definative helpful thread.
Sorry if this has been covered before any help greatly appreiciated if not i will plod on.

If you want to keep the immobiilser you will need the key and key reader from the donor car as well

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basonjillett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 13 at 13:57
Many thanks im all sorted now spoke to a Reg Cheeseman found him on ebay £40 send him the pump and it comes back with the stop solonoid and a 1 wire  12 volt start up as the unimmobilised version.

light View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote light Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 13 at 15:56
Originally posted by basonjillett basonjillett wrote:

Many thanks im all sorted now spoke to a Reg Cheeseman found him on ebay £40 send him the pump and it comes back with the stop solonoid and a 1 wire  12 volt start up as the unimmobilised version.

Thought you wanted to keep the immobiliser ,it only takes two minutes to remove the immobiliser from the pump ,the stop solenoid is already on the pump ( under the black box on the back of the pump) ,could have told you how to do it for nowt
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basonjillett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 13 at 16:26
Many thanks but i did post this a while ago and had no responses.

Sometimes it pays to spend a couple of quid as i learnt far more than £40 worth of messing around !

light View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote light Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 13 at 20:05
Ah did not look at the date
Eddiejetta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddiejetta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 17 at 08:35
Hi can someone tell me how to remove this black box? Or a picture of the pump with out it?
Arthur Sweden View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arthur Sweden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 20 at 12:17
I used mostly a hammer in the end as it was quite stubborn. Hopefully you got sorted in the end. 😊
1984 T3 1.6d Reimo Roof.

So Far, new seats, new wood floor, new rear bearings, new front upper arm bushes, new steering rack, new clutch master cylinder....
 Post Reply Post Reply