The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > Stolen Van register.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stolen westy Atlantic windows

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robnewns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stolen westy Atlantic windows
    Posted: 27 Oct 13 at 11:27
Just got up this morning to find the windows missing from my vw T3 westfalia Atlantic. If anyone can help or knows of somebody in need of these windows, please let me know. They are quite rare as double glazed units and hard to come by. Probably stolen to order!
Cheers.
robbie
robnewns View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robnewns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 13 at 11:28
P.s I live in north east Wales near leeswood.
robbie
Gtavalanche View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
"I'm learnding"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtavalanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 13 at 12:09
Thats shit mate. What colour? If you need replacements I have a pair or rear side dg windows in brown. Might be the wrong colour but it will keep some of the rain out for now.
I taste Hurty!
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 13 at 12:10
Bastards. Probably stolen to order.

Hope you can find em.
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

randolph57 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randolph57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 13 at 14:45
Bastards!
they are only available in grey on the atlantic and very distinguishanble with the vents in rear panes/units-hope you find whos responsible!
youthy giblets View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youthy giblets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 13 at 17:42
Piss taking bastards hope you get them back and catch culprit
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 13 at 18:28
Not on that...hope they turn up...
robnewns View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robnewns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 13 at 18:31
cheers randolph57, the vent is black and has circular holes in it, there is a definite dividing line inbetween the black and grey with a kind of black tape running inbetween divide from top to bottom.
robbie
TransPorscher View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransPorscher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 13 at 11:56
Fucking C**TS !!!  Note to others with these windows and all other nice parts. Security mark them and make it obvious with a sticker of something !!  Although this won't get yours returned in this case it might stop other C**TS doing this in the future.It might be worth putting in plain glass ones for now until you get the proper replacements in a condition you're happy with. Any probs getting the originals I'm sure there's a few people on here who could source them from Germany for you !!

Charlie

Small Moves Big Grooves! WeFunkRadio.com

robnewns View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robnewns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 13 at 21:11
I know, the beauty of hindsight! Thanks for your reply. Spoke to a police officer who told me about safe water security marking, sounds like a good idea!:)
robbie
bananaman View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bananaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 13 at 22:26
Does the safewater marking last or is it something that has to be re-applied every now and then? It sounds like a good idea but do you get a sticker or something to make people aware that its been applied as otherwise they arent going to be put off are they?
T5 T32 SWB Kombi 130ps
Alonline View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
VW Customer Service

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 13 at 00:18
Sorry to here we can all do without this crap!

We have small stickers ,"Smile for the camera!"
AdrianC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 13 at 16:20
They're not rare - just expensive. Gunzl sell 'em new.
Adrian & Ellie
Zookeeper of a miscellany of motoring silliness, from 0.75bhp to 9ft tall.
Living life on the road in an '88 2.1 Club Joker Hightop.
http://WhereverTheRoadGoes.com
randolph57 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randolph57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 13 at 20:25
I think you'll find they only have the full double glazed panes-not the Atlantic ones with the vents and don't have the opening window(resisted the swear filter just)-which makes them rare and expensive!!!!
robnewns View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robnewns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 13 at 21:47
I know, a friend of mine has had a few atlantics and he said the same that the vented windows will be the hardest to find!
robbie
robnewns View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robnewns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 13 at 07:32
Sorry Bananaman, thought I'd replied to your comment about safe water. It is permanent and is only detectable with uv. I'll do a bit more research when get time!
robbie
robnewns View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robnewns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 13 at 07:34
Just occurred to me I was in Chester on Saturday. Maybe somebody followed me home which is only about 10 miles away!
robbie
Stefvan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stefvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 13 at 22:23
Thats terrible ! Because another Westy owner has set up or done the theft !
Can those plastic windows be etched with your number plate ?

Stefvan
DaveyP2004 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveyP2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 13 at 11:39
When my square headlights got stolen I etched the replacements and all glass with reg no.
I noticed that the company I bought the kit from also supply kits for plastic windows:

Cheers,
Dave
cruz View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 13 at 20:18
Jees Louise what bastards. And I thought it was shite when two twats in a van pinched my fiamma awning but that's taking the piss
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>