The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > Stolen Van register.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

😄 FOUND

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

FOUND IT, IT WAS HIDING!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 😄 FOUND
    Posted: 25 Feb 14 at 21:13
Taken from outside the MOT station.
Distinctive LHD Big bumpers / new tires / square lights. with classic half-rack on the rear quarter.
Pictures to follow. Worst thing is I had just spent £300 on Mot parts including brand new PAS pipes from the BY and a new steering UJ

Gutted. Load of tools and camera inside too. Pray that JK insurance pay up ok. At least I've got an agreed value.

Edited by ob1 - 26 Feb 14 at 08:52
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 14 at 21:26
Fuck Orlando!

Was it in the MOT stations custody? Does that affect claim at all.

Was worried all the thefts would start happening this way. Eyes peeled in Exeter bro
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 14 at 21:39
tits.

Get some photos circulated.... and worth mentioning the area too.

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 14 at 21:42
Guess Paignton, Torquay sort of area if Orlando isn't online tonight.

craigy345 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craigy345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 14 at 21:49
christ......
Were the keys in it or had you given them to the MOT station.
This stinks of someone waiting, watching you ready to pounce!
Hope the insurance comes through for you.
Not that this is a solution.
Cry

ob1 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

FOUND IT, IT WAS HIDING!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 14 at 22:03
Taken from Totnes Tires in Dartington  - S Devon
Not sure about any issues with insurance? It was on private land but is my responsibly as they take no liability with customers vehicles? Keys were with the MOT station not in the vehicle thankfully!

He's some pics.... 

ob1 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

FOUND IT, IT WAS HIDING!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 14 at 22:06
Thanks guys... feeling sad.... just vaguely hoping that maybe the garage have gone and parked it somewhere odd and it's actually safe.... seems unlikely though....

Fukin hell... just thinking about how much work i've done on that bus getting it all sorted..... and now some sods will probably break it in pieces and sell in bits on ebay..... 
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 14 at 22:22
Have a word with Andy e , I know cherry parts were stolen off his 16" such as lights, mirrors etc and he found them at an address near his.

ob1 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

FOUND IT, IT WAS HIDING!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 14 at 22:26
Ok. Will do thanks Elvis.
xr219 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xr219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 14 at 22:30
Surely if the keys are with the garage then it was still in their custody and they are liable for your vehicle despite what they say
vag 1367,1767,1551,1552,vcds,ethos 13,2
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 14 at 22:31
Any CCTV on premises (that's if they haven't locked it away somewhere safe) any petrol station or CCTV near by?

Have a drive down tomorrow and have a nosey to look for cameras in the area and get onto the owners ASAP before anything is overwritten on hard drives.

craigy345 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craigy345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 14 at 00:09
Mate,

You should have No issues with the insurance.
I know this is of very little consolation at the moment.

The issue with insurance companies relating to thefts normally comes down to was the vehicle secured/safe i.e locked, alarmed (if fitted), parked securely and the keys NOT left in vehicle etc....

From what you have said (reading above)
The van was parked in the care of MOT station, in a private car park area, it was safe and locked. The keys were left with the M.O.T station in their office.

How they (The M.O.T Station) are not liable for this is beyond me!? 
& You will probably find that the insurance companies will argue this one out! 
As long as YOU get paid out.

Just a thought any signs "Vehicles left at owners risk" etc... don't really mean anything..... this relates to damage i.e some-one reversing into you etc...
You were instructed to leave you vehicle there and you did so ensuring it was fully secured and in THEIR care.
Whats to say they (M.O.T staff) didnt move your van and leave the keys in it? - probably normal practice for them if they are busy with cars in and out!
So Have they still got your key!!!?

Gutted
really Hope it works out for you.
ob1 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

FOUND IT, IT WAS HIDING!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 14 at 08:23
Thanks everyone. I'm a knob. He's fine they had just hidden him in their workshop!
Sorry 😳😏😕🙈🙉🙊💤💤💤💤 duh
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 14 at 08:50
Good news indeed Thumbs Up
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 14 at 09:18
GOOD NEWS Orlando.

Penis

craigy345 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craigy345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 14 at 09:54
Sometimes you are Happy to be a knob!!!
I am and Im sure everyone else is so pleased for you.
LOL
orcecaveman View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orcecaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 14 at 19:36
Totnes Tyres, as in Nicks place or South Hams tyres? If it was Nick or Wicksy at Totnes Tyres, I can rip the piss out of them when I see them next! Thumbs Up

mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 14 at 20:03
* tries to think of something witty to change his tagline to *

T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
Syncost Alot. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
horns apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syncost Alot. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 14 at 22:42
Knob!
Founder member of the "WESTERN FRONT VOLKSWAGEN KLUB".......membership no 0001
Stacey View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Tracie "Poo Poo" Magoo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 14 at 13:36
facepalm!!!
I sell cars and campers.
www.qualitycarsuk.co.uk
~And I like filth, ginger people, drunk Welsh people and fingering food
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>