The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT Spare Part Hunt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radenasu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT Spare Part Hunt
    Posted: 26 Apr 19 at 16:00
Hello all,

Im new to the LT world, and i just acquired one here in Indonesia. Can someone help me identify the model that i got, here is my VIN: wv2zzz29zcho15258

It seems to be very difficult to find the wheel cylinder for it, does anyone know where to get it?

bore diameter is 45mm
Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 19 at 19:19
Hi and wecome.
Trying to decode the WIN i find out it is a 1982 model. It is the 015258th buildt since model year 1982 started 01 of August 81. It is buildt by Volkswagen Nutsfahrzeuge in Hannover. VW2 prodused 1959 LTs in february of -82 and this is number 811 so it is prodused about the 13-14th of February. The 29 number indicates it is a LT35 to LT45.
Sulzer buildt 156 4x4 LT's. The 6 first With Dana axles so this has to have Clark-hurth axles if the engine is a 6 syl Diesel it is 2,4 liters and has 75 hp enginecode CP
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 19 at 19:38
Ahh why is it not possible to edit Your posts
The number 29 indicates it is a 4x4
With so few prodused, i dont know very much about them.
Usualy Brickwerks is the Place to go to for LT parts, They have very few parts for the 4x4 LT's but some. https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/lt-parts/lt-4x4-parts.html Other parts are https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/ They might ship to your local VW dealer. And the it is german Ebay.de Also werk34.de has some parts, like this but it says it is for a 1983 and newer:https://www.werk34.de/de/radbremszylinder-hinten-26.99-mm-lt-4x4.html
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
Monster LT View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster LT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 19 at 10:11
Originally posted by Buss Marius Buss Marius wrote:

Ahh why is it not possible to edit Your posts l

You can edit your post under the post options above.Geek
LT45-TD-ACL-intercooler-4x4-1993
Monster LT View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster LT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 19 at 10:24
Congratulations radenasu! You have a very rare LT indeed! I agree this looks like a Sulzer. More photos please, particularly of the underneath axles, transfer box. Another place to check for 4x4 parts is ebay-kleinanzeigen.de
Helpful info to check www.lt-freunde.de/forum/
There is a VW LT 4x4 World Fan Club on f book.
LT45-TD-ACL-intercooler-4x4-1993
mcbkat View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcbkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 19 at 13:12
Wow! That seems to be a Sülzer or even DeVries!
Where are you in Indonesia?
I've got some spare cylinders and do travel to Indonesia once in a while...
Knott brakes, and if I remember correctly, 1"? You should be able to get new cups on ebay etc. or local Mercedes dealer.

Stefan
De Vries LT45 4X4, De Vries LT40 4x4
mcbkat View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcbkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 19 at 13:22
And yes, it has Hürth axles.
De Vries LT45 4X4, De Vries LT40 4x4
 Post Reply Post Reply