The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT2 and sprinter forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lt35 1999 vacuum pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebus200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lt35 1999 vacuum pump
    Posted: 22 Aug 19 at 13:25
hi all...

I've been driving down to Spain and have developed the dreaded vacuum pump rattle... I did the pushrod a while back. That stopped it for a while but its come back now so I am going to replace the whole unit this time. 

Can anyone suggest a supplier. I've seen cheap ones for 60 quid and vw quoted me 450! A mid range one will do but if anyone has any suggestions it'd be mech appreciated!

Thanks all
Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 19 at 16:38
Brickwerks has this part: https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/t4-parts/brakes/hydraulics-actuation/vacuum-pump-t4-lt-5-6-cyl-late-oem.html
In Norway we are outside EU, so it takes a few hours more to get every thing throu customs, so i would say Brickwerks is the best. One year ago i ordered some parts from Autodoc in Berlin at 13.00 and from Brickwerks at 14.00. i recived the parts from Brickwerks on Wedensday and from Berlin, on Wednesday the week after. So send Brickwerks a mail and ask if it is the right part for Your van. And at the same time, ask if they could start having some LT2 and Crafter parts.
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
Bluebus200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebus200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 19 at 18:55
Thanks! I don't suppose you have an opinion on the alternative pumps as opposed to the oem one. It's a big difference in price. 
 Post Reply Post Reply