FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT28 starter motor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT28 starter motor
    Posted: 13 Dec 19 at 12:15
One thing first. It is of no interest if it is a LT28, LT31 or LT55 when we are talking about engine and transmition. Those numbers only gives an indication of total veight of the vehicle.

I asume you have a 5 pot TDI engine.
My T4 has 3 bolts to the starter, but my Audi A6 5pot and my LT1 6 pot engines have 2 bolts to the starter. They also holds the gearbox to the engine.(2 of 11 bolts) I gues your LT2 has 2 bolts like my LT1. So get it up at least 20-30cm on something solid. (i Nearly kild myself in April, when my T4 fell Down on me, and spent 5 days in Hospital) Disconect the batteri, I asume you have a under engine cover, so might take it of. Then disconect the thick and the thin cable to the starter and tak out the 2 bolts. Then instal in opposite order.
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
LTer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 19 at 10:05
Hi guys,
New member here with a 2004 LT28 mwb. The van needs a new starter  motor which I have purchased.
Just wondered if anyone has any tips or info on changing this? I have seen guides for a vwt4 but it seems quite different and easier to get to.

Thanks in advance.
 Post Reply Post Reply