The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

confusion about 4x4 LTs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildrovers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 12 at 12:28
Marlow, are you following a mass tyre purchase? Probs with leaking tyre .. not good in mountain-pass driving! Can't find link on here (previous thread).

N
Used to be Splits, then Bays, then T3 WBs. Next came Landys, now Mitsu L400 &
seeking LT4x4...
Marlow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 12 at 12:33
Originally posted by wildrovers wildrovers wrote:

Marlow, are you following a mass tyre purchase? Probs with leaking tyre .. not good in mountain-pass driving! Can't find link on here (previous thread).

No. That's rims, not tyres, that I'm trying to organise. I'm trying to organise enough people to buy 8.5J steel rims (opposed to the 6.5J bead lock rims that are on the LT).

/M
1989 VW LT40 4x4 pop-top
1994 VW LT45 4x4 doka
1997 VW Transporter Syncro TDI
wildrovers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildrovers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 12 at 12:39
BINGO! thanks. Resident blonde here.
We'll need 6, apparently (!) but LT will be back here Monday, me-thinks and we can phone you and yak about it then ..
Glad to have tracked you down so quickly .. Ach .. Ireland? P'haps another road-trip to sort this out and meet you too .. sounds far more sociable!
Can I get your number and we can phone you once the LT is on UK soil?
Cheers, Nigel (and the wife)
seeking LT4x4...
Marlow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 12 at 12:44
I'll PM you my details. I'm often enough around the UK for events or passing as I'm from the continent originally.

/M
1989 VW LT40 4x4 pop-top
1994 VW LT45 4x4 doka
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildrovers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 12 at 13:57
Gotcha! Thanks for that.
Will be in touch after the weekend.
where are camperjam and busfest? and when? Sounds interesting ...

Nigel
seeking LT4x4...
Marlow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 12 at 14:04
CamperJam is in July in Weston Park.

Was a proper mudpool this year. The only things that were able to move where the T3 Syncros, my T4 Syncro and tractors. Nearly needed mud terrains for it. Didn't make a difference though. It was still very enjoyable.

Busfest (formerly Vanfest) is always the 2nd weekend in September, so was just at the start of the month. It's the biggest VW Camper festival in Europe. It's held in Malvern.

Both events are well worth going, as theres lots to see. Other campers, music, party and more importantly: traders. I got a set of curtains for my LT at Busfest and a lot of nignags.

/M

Edited by Marlow - 27 Sep 12 at 14:04
1989 VW LT40 4x4 pop-top
1994 VW LT45 4x4 doka
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildrovers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 13 at 21:18
Hi Guys 'n' Gals  Happy New Year.

Marlow...are we any closer to getting new wheels ??
 I need M/T's.

Cheers,N.

seeking LT4x4...
Marlow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 13 at 22:15

Marlow...are we any closer to getting new wheels ??
 I need M/T's.

Looks like somebody else took the groupbuy into their hands and the 2nd round was successful. 3rd round has just started.

I'm getting pricing from him now and we get rolling then. Need rims myself, badly.

/M
1989 VW LT40 4x4 pop-top
1994 VW LT45 4x4 doka
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildrovers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 13 at 09:47
Ta.
When ?
Do we now have to get a whole buncha people interested, again, from the beginning ?

Are these Swiss-made wheels the only option ? Is it not possible to get quality rims & re-drill the stud pattern ?

Cheers,N.

PS You passing by someday ?
seeking LT4x4...
Marlow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 13 at 10:55

Ta.
When ?
Do we now have to get a whole buncha people interested, again, from the beginning ?

Won't be hard. I'm taking 12 rims alone. 40 rims to fill a pallet. If you take 6 and McGill takes 6, that's 24 rims. Half the pallet filled.

Are these Swiss-made wheels the only option ? Is it not possible to get quality rims & re-drill the stud pattern ?

It's the only rim, that fits exactly and has the load and speed rating to match the LT. You'll find other rims, but they might only be rated for 40 km/h. Some people are running truck rims, but then you've got to buy odd size tyres, which is expensive, too.

These rims are rated 1750kg up to 70km/h and 1500kg up to 140km/h, so they are 100% on our busses.

They'll allow for road tyres of the size 285/65R16 128N (1800kg up to 140km/h) or offroad tyres of the size 285/75R16 126Q (1700 kg up to 160km/h), so tyres should be easy enough to come by and that means a lot.

You passing by someday ?

I'm hoping to bring my other LT back home in February, probably using the Hull -> Holyhead route. So that might be a possibility.

/M
1989 VW LT40 4x4 pop-top
1994 VW LT45 4x4 doka
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wildrovers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 13 at 00:46
Hi Marlow... heard from Stefan...progress afoot...my computer seems to have lost a buncha stuff..or maybe it's me...pls email me   wildrovers@tiscali.co.uk    to discuss next move/shipping.
Ta. Nigel.
seeking LT4x4...
Marlow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 13 at 00:54

Hi Marlow... heard from Stefan...progress afoot...my computer seems to have lost a buncha stuff..or maybe it's me...pls email me   wildrovers@tiscali.co.uk    to discuss next move/shipping.
Ta. Nigel.

Aye. Have already collected the other LT about 1-2 months ago, but will be back over to Denmark end of June with return first July weekend for Camperjam. That would be the cheaper alternative for shipping.

I've dumped you a mail with more info.

/M

Edited by Marlow - 11 Apr 13 at 00:55
1989 VW LT40 4x4 pop-top
1994 VW LT45 4x4 doka
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345