The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

***HELP*** AAZ Pump to T4 ABL van not running

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t4kite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ***HELP*** AAZ Pump to T4 ABL van not running
    Posted: 06 May 09 at 14:52

I've got the garage to fit a AAZ pump to my T4 ABL 1.9 TD in an attempt to make it go quicker.

The pump was (apparently) working when i purchased it.  I'd been told it was a straight swap with the old pump.  The garage have fitted it and its not working!!

The garage have tried all the solidnoids, immobiler, bleed it and i trust the garage know what they are going on about as they have a really good reputaion.

They have stopped working on it to try and save the bill getting too high.

Is there something simple we are missing, has any one successfuly swap the standard pump for an AAZ?  By the way the pump is from a mk3 golf, and to my knowledge is not an electronic one.

Thanks
Dave
pete3467 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete3467 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 09 at 17:55
hi there i am sure i have sent you a message on t4 the top of the abl pump has to be swapped  over it should run but you need to check firstly if you have any pressure to the pump it could be airlocked up have they checked theres pressure coming from the outlet side of the pump then bled the injectors the aaz and abl engine are virtually the same except pump and injectors
need more information to give advise
what is happening are they getting any pressure at the pump the pump timeing could be out
thanks pete
pete3467 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete3467 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 09 at 10:40
hi there again just a thought what was the year of the pump you have used please
  i believe the later ones will not work have you got a pic
thanks pete
 Post Reply Post Reply