The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Other VW > Caddy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

caddy sdi slow as f@#K

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sportwomble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: caddy sdi slow as f@#K
    Posted: 26 May 09 at 21:16

currently having to use a 53plate 1.9sdi van and cant believe how shit the engine is!

why would vw even make this van with a gutless engine when the tdi is so proven?
any way of squeezing more oomph ?
apart from the lump its a nice van
Underground overground
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 09 at 22:49
Plug it in and see if there are any fault codes.
MAF would be a good place to start as well as coolant temp sender and as susal with VW Diesels, the good old brake light switch.

Liquidfreak View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquidfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 09 at 23:37
Yeah would second the MAF sensor. You will probably have to reset it after you have replaced or cleaned it. If you haven't got a fault reader then you can clear it by disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes.
2004 VW T5 Panel Van T30 2.5 130 AXD Engine
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 09 at 20:12
Just had one from main stealer as courtesy vehicle for two days. 58 plate and 8k miles and was shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit   , slow to pull any revs , struggled above 60 with foot on floor and in traffic after more than 5 mins of stop/start driving the clutch stank.
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

Tee4 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'm not indecisive,or am I?You bet I am!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 09 at 18:13
The SDi I had wasnt to bad I thought, the TDi I currently have as a daily is kin awsome. Pulls like crazy does over 100mph and Im getting 215 ish miles out of £20. Its a great van.
swiss View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 10 at 23:41
SDI stands for suction direct injection
No turbo
Still possibly the quickest van on M4 westbound on a Friday night at 10 past 5.........
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 10 at 20:37
Originally posted by swiss swiss wrote:

SDI stands for suction direct injection
No turbo
Still possibly the quickest van on M4 westbound on a Friday night at 10 past 5.........
really dont think it does! suction? do you mean atmospheric pressure pushing the air in?

seem to recall its german....suagdiesel or sumfink... 
swiss View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 10 at 20:45
Suag is suck in Deutsche Smile
Nichte turbo
 Post Reply Post Reply