The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > Stolen Van register.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

attempted theft sheffield/notts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: attempted theft sheffield/notts
    Posted: 03 Aug 09 at 23:37
alright all just a word of warning , some little tw@t tried having my van away the other night , it was not locked as never needed to lock anything where i live but lucky enough it had no steering wheel on it .

neigbours said they had seen someone previosly that looked to be shinning a torch down the drive at 2am in morning and couple of days after this happend .

they made a start removing plastic around steering colum , german shepard didnt even bark just came and nudged me so new something was up so sneaked out back door with 12inch adjuastble spanner but they heard me , manged to twat one of them but obliviosly not hard enough LOL.

police said there is a group of pepole going around just looking for vw vans to steal , i was lucky as insurance only started today so could of been bad , dont no how they thought they could drive it with no steering wheel but they must of known how as they was still contining to try hot wire it .

i live in small village so easy target as never see a copper but police said there working all around sheffield /notts area .

so i have had to start even locking house doors now , sad realy .
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 09 at 23:41
Unlocked and no insurance.....Confused

Lucky....very lucky!

paul ss View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 09 at 23:46
insurance was due up for renewal and didnt have time to do it  plus i wasnt using van so didnt make much diffrence .

problem is never needed to lock stuff up just makes me wont to go back to owning some old shitter that no one would want to steal LOL
Andi View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 09 at 07:19
Cheers for the heads up on this one, it's useful to know when shit like that's going on.  Min'es usually blocked in by the Golf, but could make a nice "2 for the price of 1" nick for some little opportunist twat.

I think my steering wheel lock and "extra security measures" will be put back into use again, I have got a bit complacent recently, I have to admit

Glad they didn't manage to get yours rolling, without a steering wheel you could have ended up with a large damage bil as it headed wherever it wanted...

t'onion View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t'onion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 09 at 09:38
cheers for the heads up 
LT28 Westfalia FloRida, 2.4 diesel

miserable fooker

Aspo13 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aspo13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 09 at 14:11
Thanks for the warning, we're in Chesterfield so right in the middle of the area they're working. Have to admit I sometimes leave my bus unlocked as we never have any problem's + the dog makes a hell of a racket if theres ever anyone on the crescent, let alone our drive.

bit of a wake up call really for us all, glad you managed to get one of them!
Drop in late but show up early
rogerthecat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 09 at 14:19
Thanks for the warning - we are in a small village and have the same mindset - stuff gets left open because you can.
Not anymore though - may even start to sleep with the rotor arms under my pillow just in case.

Aspo13 where are you in Sunny Chesterfield - seen a couple of vans - 2 red and 1 white when pootling about - we are in the Hope Valley?
T3 Westy, T3 Syncro (the ScoobyVelle), New Beetle Cab, 2 x Polos - I have too many projects
Aspo13 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aspo13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 09 at 15:23
We are in Newbold, tucked out of the way on a little crescent.

Current collection;

1990 Bluestar multivan, black porsche 928 rims (just painted, lovely)
1986 Karmann Gipsy
1990 Sgl cab pick up (ratty & stock for now!)

Also got a 68 Westy thats going up for sale. Cry. It doesn't corner like the Multivan though Wink

What have you got? Will you be going to Run to the Hills later this year or any other shows nearby?

cheers

rogerthecat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 09 at 15:33
A 1986 Westy - a US import so it has aircon which has been so handy this summer!!
Its dropped using Carat springs and running some merc alloys - generally our family holiday wagon.
Also a 1989 Syncro Caravelle with a 2.2 Scooby engine conversion, its been lifted and the interior is now a go anywhere office for our PR firm - needs a respray but that's a long story.

I go through Newbold twice a week in the winter - I play hockey for Chesterfield so we train and play at St Mary's.

Did you see the blue single cab pick up at the cross roads near Brampton Manor, opposite the place witht he hoooge monster truck - was intending to call in but it has gone - seemed to be used as a shed most of the time. Or did you rescue it?

There's a red high top camper not far from you, sitting in the front garden.
T3 Westy, T3 Syncro (the ScoobyVelle), New Beetle Cab, 2 x Polos - I have too many projects
Aspo13 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aspo13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 09 at 16:56
Is it the same red high top that is opposite the school? If so my back garden goes straight onto the playing fields!

I went and enquired about the high top for my brother who's after a cheap camper for his family. Turns out its just a 2 berth though and with kids that are going to be under 2yrs old he wants a four berth rather than relying on an awning.

I know the guy has now carted it off for some MOT work to be carried out so if you know anyone who's interested then let me know. I had the keys to it up until yesterday and the owner still has all the original bill of sale, sales literature etc.

Let me know next time your passing, I work from home you can always stop in for a cuppa! 
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 09 at 17:08
Aspo13....you've admitted you sometimes leave things unlocked and you've just virtually guided someone to your house.Ouch

paul ss View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 09 at 17:55
Originally posted by Aspo13 Aspo13 wrote:

Currently breaking for parts

1990 Bluestar multivan, black porsche 928 rims (just painted, lovely)
1986 Karmann Gipsy
1990 Sgl cab pick up (ratty & stock for now!)
  68 Westy

Currently breaking for parts  if you need anything let me no LOL
Aspo13 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aspo13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 09 at 22:05
Point taken, guess I'm just a trusting sort of bloke.

But with dog, security lighting, gates etc etc I'm not too worried. Besides still got a trusty bat to help remove unwanted persons from my property!

Un-locked bus was an occasional oversight rather than a deliberate decision anyway.
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 09 at 22:13
Trusting??

With all that security it doesn't sound like a place you leave things unlocked.

Aspo13 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aspo13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 09 at 22:36

Like I said it was an oversight rather than the norm. Better safe than sorry and all that.

Just for the record its quite a nice area and it doesn't make a bit of difference really seeing as the group of people that this thread is about are travelling round South Yorks/Derbyshire/ Notts. Wink
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 09 at 22:40
Ahh that's ok then seeing as you're such a trusting sort of chap from Chesterfield they'll not turn up at yours.Wink
spokey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spokey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 09 at 20:48
My mate went to get something from his van on weds morn and found his steering column on the drivers seat ,ripped his wires out underneath column and tryin to get steering lock off smashed the bracket that holds the column up ,the van was in kirkby-in-a so the bastards are still prowlin
it's not my fault            CREWCAB/VELLE/PASSAT/63 KOMBI
 Post Reply Post Reply