The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ** URGENT HELP NEEDED ** bleeding fuel on engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

** URGENT HELP NEEDED ** bleeding fuel on engine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ** URGENT HELP NEEDED ** bleeding fuel on engine
    Posted: 05 Sep 09 at 17:44
how too ?

the 1y is all installed and fluids & oils added, the motor cranks great, oil light out pretty much straight away etc but it won't fire, I have loosened the 2 fuel pipe unions but there isn't any fuel there, what do I need to do to get the engine to fire ?

btw it has the Bosch pump fitted

cheers all
now drive a Vento.........its like a Golf
Big red bus View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big red bus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 09 at 18:32

Is the fuel filter full of diesel?

make sure it is and then crack off all 4 injector pipes onto the injectors. Crank engine until fuel there. Tigthen up and then listen to it go. Good luck.
mickB View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 09 at 18:46

cheers for that,didn't realise the filter would loose the fuel as it seats upright ie the fuel sits in it

I'll do that in the morning Big smile
Joker_Club View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker_Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 09 at 19:00
WHS^^^^ charge your battery up overnight as well, give it plenty of cranking power in the morning.
Sunny Lancs
mickB View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 09 at 20:09

will be taking the fuel filter of tomorrow to fill it,suprised the fuel went as it sits with the fuel in it so didn't drain out when I took the pipes off

haven't charged battery will have to connect the charger/starter in the morn

Bigherbie View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigherbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 09 at 21:42
mickB View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 09 at 17:36
still no joy, the fuel filter is the sealed type with the pipes in the top and that valve thingie,
I have had to blank of a t- of the fuel line into the filter as the 1y bleed off pipe goes into the pump and not back to the filter as in the 1x, but i am getting nothing. there is about 6inches worth of fuel you can in the fuel line but that doen't move not even squirting brake cleaner down the inlet manifold and cranking
any advice greatly appreciated
Big red bus View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big red bus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 09 at 17:40
Do you know which is the supply pipe to the injection pump. Simply disconnect from filter housing and run it from a seperate fuel source, i.e jerry can full of fuel. this should be easy to do and get fuel straight into the pump. 
mickB View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 09 at 19:29
thank you for the advice, something I haven't been told before so its 1st thing to try tomorrow after work
mickB View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 09 at 17:26
thanks for the 3 ...... replies............... turns out the diesel pump is u/s
 Post Reply Post Reply