The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > Stolen Van register.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stolen LT Florida Hackney, East London

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stolen LT Florida Hackney, East London
    Posted: 14 Oct 09 at 22:05
I've been lurking on the forums for a while and am obviously very gutted that this is my first post.
My mint condition LT 31 Florida was stolen from Hackney, East London on the night of the 13th October.

I'm absolutely heartbroken - was up visiting friends and really annoyed that someone was able to get past the immobiliser and steering lock with such apparent ease. There was loads of our stuff in the back, including an awning, a flexifoil kite, windbreakers and a load of personal stuff (clothes, dog food, etc).

This van is in almost mint condition with almost no rust and is obviously left hand drive.

The wheel trims have been changed since the photo was taken, and are after market cheap items.
(Of the two photos, the UK plates are the current ones).

The blue and yellow stripe on the rear near side wing has been rubbed away (a funny thing to describe but very difficult I imagine to repair).

Please PM me or reply to the forum if you spot it.

Thanks.

t'onion View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t'onion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 09 at 16:47
Bugger .. I've put a link on 80-90 , feel for ya mate 
LT28 Westfalia FloRida, 2.4 diesel

miserable fooker

irishkeet View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 09 at 19:48
watching out
i work in whitechapel and live in north london
irishkeet Dead
chuckle-bus-tom View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Butch Mo Fo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckle-bus-tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 09 at 20:58
You have a PM with some advice and my contacts. I know your van as I live round the corner. We had our T3 nicked last January, so I've been in the same boat. As I put in my PM, give me a ring if you need some advice or want to rant over a pint.
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 09 at 21:16
if i see it i`ll bag the rubbish driving it up and bring it all back to you.Wink

feel for you dude.

keep an eye out down here.

lee.
Stefvan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stefvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 09 at 21:25
It makes me sick just thinking about that. Looking out in W London area. Where on earth do these vans end up ? Eastern Europe ?

Stefvan
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 09 at 21:34
just been talking with the mrs and thats exactly what she said. cant see what you`d do with a stolen florida in the uk, be a bit obvious if they broke it and cant see how they`d pass it on.
max5765 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max5765 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 09 at 16:38
Sorry to say this, it could end up anywhere in mainland Europe. Who asks at customs on the way out of the UK any questions about vehicle ownership etc. I'll keep an eye out on my travels round the north of England just in case as these LT Floridas are rare as rocking horse shit up here. This sort of thing makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Good luck and I just hope the thieving bastards are caught and the van comes home.
MAX c/o www.amf-bruns.de

Take note.....the Blue Moon's Rising.....
BigTam View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigTam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 09 at 10:45
I know what you are going through had my T3 stolen two years ago, now got an LT Florida, hope they catch the thieving bastards, eyes peeled here in the North East.
mogadawg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

revolutionsist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mogadawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 09 at 19:11
Will keep an eye out on the south coast!
"If your not pissed off,Your not listening"
BUS.BOY View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BUS.BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 09 at 19:04
i will  ask my drivers in the south west ( bristol ) to keep an eye open.
************bristol t3 racers************
F***OWL View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F***OWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 10 at 15:22
this story makes you think, was she ever recovered?
'89 LT28 2.4TD Westfalia Florida
'89 BMW K75 Flying Brick
'89 Yamaha YFU1W Pro-hauler Quad

gerard View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 10 at 18:42
I,m afraid it has never been seen again, would still love it back so if anyone sees it please get in touch. Cheers to all that did keep an eye out and sent messages. 
 Post Reply Post Reply