The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

driving slowing stopping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simbasmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: driving slowing stopping
    Posted: 16 Mar 10 at 22:48
Sent my T4 1.9 turbo diesel camper in for a service and a break fluid change as that's what the little book it came with says I should do about now. Thing drove beautifully when I sent it in, never had a break problem. Since I've got it back after a few miles it feels like I'm driving with the handbreak on and when I stop I can smell the heat from the break pads front and back. Sent it back to them and they've told me all they could think after looking it over is that it was the front break hoses and changed those. I drive it away and it's as bad as before. Found some advice and seems I should be telling them (no idea why I should be telling them myself though) too check the master or slave cylinder if all four wheels are binding.
So thought I should get the advice of you lot first before I speak to them tomorrow - In your experience, could a garage changing the break fluid somehow cause this mess, or is it just coincidence and I'm unlucky and about to spend some more money? 
 Post Reply Post Reply