The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Long Wheelbase (Shorter Job) LT35

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 15 at 07:19
Mike, there's  always hope till it's carried away to the scrapyard 
Thumbs Up

Cheers Craig, yes I've put one or two hours into it so far, a couple more to do yet Confused

Edited by BigAl68 - 22 Aug 15 at 07:27
1995 LT 35 Self Built Camper 2.4 TDI
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 15 at 17:36
Did some more today. Been really difficult finding time to work on the camper since I started this new job. Where it's stored has the same opening hours that I work so it's the odd Saturday morning and Christmas Dead. Work done so far:

Took out the old fridge. As Wifey said we don't need an oven and a large fridge because she wont be cooking in there and we'll probably only have milk in the fridge, so I'm going to put a hob and grill in and a smaller fridge. Also bought a Thetford electric loo so need to find space for that

Made cardboard templates for the replacement wood

Replacement wood in place

Wheel arches boxed in and all fastened in

Hopefully more this week (depends on Hurricane Frank Wink)

Cheers

Allan Thumbs Up

Edited by BigAl68 - 29 Dec 15 at 19:08
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 15 at 19:45
Thumbs Up
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 16 at 18:50
Took the day off work yesterday and made a start rebuilding the interior. Put the gas fire back in

and made a start on a frame for the toilet and additional storage

Also decided where to put the sink

I also converted the toilet from right hand opening to left hand to remove the cassette when required.

More to follow.

Cheers

Allan Thumbs Up

driveby View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote driveby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 16 at 23:11
@BigAl that loo's got an amazing soundsystem. When ya gotta go ... :-)
Flagrace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flagrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 16 at 11:18
Hi where did you find Vw Lt gearbox speedometer drive gear? 
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 16 at 13:28

Edited by BigAl68 - 25 May 16 at 13:31
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 16 at 13:29
Hi. I found the part number off VAGCAT and ordered it from the main VW commercial dealer nearest me. I seem to remember the drives are different colours for different gearing. Hope that helps

Cheers

Allan   
BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 16 at 13:48
Well unfortunately I've had to make the decision to stop working on the camper. I've only managed a couple of days since August last year and there's no likelyhood of having any time to finish it so reluctantly it's going to be scrapped. I'd better say that I won't be able to strip it or remove any parts for the same reason I can't finish it. Shame really .

Edited by BigAl68 - 30 Jun 16 at 13:50
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 16 at 17:10
?Why not sell it as a whole?

You will only get £250ish scrap.

1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011