The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

front seat conversion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: front seat conversion
    Posted: 28 May 10 at 00:50
ok hi guys, been nagging a mate of mine to join up and post some questions but it doesn`t look like he`s getting around to it so this is for you paul.

plan is to convert 3 seater front seats to twin swivel saab seats. i`m guessing he`ll need to change the seat subframe aswell. the single passenger side subframe is narrower than the double seat one. also has anyone done the saab conversion on here and do they sit a lot higher in the van.

thanks in advance lee.
OOO 2 LOW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

i had a 174 T5 you know..or was it a T4?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OOO 2 LOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 10 at 10:41
Hi You will need to get a single seat base from a T4 (About £27 on ebay) this will fit without mods to your T4 floor and then the saab seats will fit staight on to the standard T4 base and yes with swivels you will sit a bit higher. single seats give you the huge advantage of "Walk through"
OOO 2 LOW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

i had a 174 T5 you know..or was it a T4?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OOO 2 LOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 10 at 23:49
Originally posted by OOO 2 LOW OOO 2 LOW wrote:

Hi You will need to get a single seat base from a T4 (About £27 on ebay) this will fit without mods to your T4 floor and then the saab seats will fit staight on to the standard T4 base and yes with swivels you will sit a bit higher. single seats give you the huge advantage of "Walk through"
  Don't throw out your two seater as you can fit a frame on it and use it to face the other way and make it a daily 7 seater as I did on a previous T4
Backing Britain -- Use as much fuel as I can
 Post Reply Post Reply