The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Other VW > Caddy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RCD 300 Problems - Caddy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bennp2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RCD 300 Problems - Caddy
    Posted: 05 Jun 10 at 19:12
Hi,
I drove the Caddy from Sheffield down to Watford the other day and noticed that there seemed to be an FM blackhole between Nottingham and pretty much Watford Gap which was annoying.

Parked up (covered parking) the van won't pick up any AM stations whatsoever (that might be where it is).

The headlining is slightly turned up around the aerial windscreen connection (as if someone has had a fiddle before). When I look up there I can see a thin piece of what looks like copper wire going to a ribbon. The connection doesn't look great but my technical prodding didn't seem to make a difference with the reception.

Does anyone else have the same problem (with the RCD 300?) or can anyone suggest how I tell where the problem lies (without fitting another head unit to see if that fixes it?).

Many thanks,
Paul

ps - I was going to add a build thread but I've already got 2 concurrent ones, if anyone's interested I will otherwise I'll avoid the triple thread Dead
Bennp2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bennp2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 10 at 12:49
Next question:

Does anybody know how to get these out? Do I remove a panel then screws or do I need VW keys or something?

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply