The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Easier Fridge Maintenance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Easier Fridge Maintenance
    Posted: 25 Sep 10 at 18:42
I have found that the orifice in the gas burner of my Florida fridge needs cleaning out about once a year to maintain good performance. I have previously posted an easy way to do this via the outside vent. This year it didn't clear the blockage and I was faced with removing the fridge to get to the orifice (because you need to remove the burner tube first which normally cannot be done in situ).

Not wanting to disturb a 20 year-old appliance that was otherwise working well I hit upon drilling a suitable access hole in the adjacent cupboard wall. (3/4" did it for me - drill a pilot hole first to check positioning). This allows first a crosshead screwdriver to remove the tab holding the burner tube in position. Then the tube can then be pulled out via the access hole into the cupboard. The orifice is then dismantled via the outside vent access (soak in carb cleaner and blow through - I used a bicycle pump). Reassemble in the reverse manner.

As it turned out my burner tube was badly corroded around the flame outlets so I replaced it with a new one. Due to a cock-up in the ordering process I have a spare brand new tube available if anyone wants it - £20 including p&p (mine was £30!). It will fit the RM184 fridge as fitted to Sven and Florida motorhomes.

David
 Post Reply Post Reply