The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > South African T3s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my audi engined crewcab

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benwidgery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my audi engined crewcab
    Posted: 26 Feb 11 at 14:01
hi
just joined a moment ago.
ive been into vw,s for years and ive just replaced my mitsubishi l200(blown engine)with a t3 crewie
powered by an audi 5 pot kv engine i love it but it has problems.
when i took it on it was running poorly missing etc.
this has been cured now and is running well but periodically it will not start.
it also seems to use a bit of water on 2 occasions i have found water in bore no 1 only a little but its there, im now thinking head gasket or cracked head?
in saying the above it doesnt seem to be getting to hot.
i would like to determine how far away i am from having a oe quality installation as i love this engine type in the bus but i want to do it properly
any help or advise would be very grateful 
TransPorscher View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransPorscher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 11 at 00:45
As far as an OE installation goes you need to start with an SA bell housing. Also the SA K-jetronic injection metering head is on the right side of the engine bay.I think in the Audi it's on the left with the fuel pipes running over the head.I'll post some pictures of my 2.5 5cyl Kjet SA engine bay for you to see. All K-jetronic engines suffer with hot start problems at some point in their lives.Best to Google 'K jetronic hot start problems' to find more info.Too much to write here !!!
Charlie

Small Moves Big Grooves! WeFunkRadio.com

benwidgery View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benwidgery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 11 at 19:19
hi thanks for that
luckily the previous owner did buy and fit the sa bellhousing unfortunatly i now seem to have water on pot no1 ive found this on 2 occasions now, my coolant system also seems to be retaining pressure after it has cooled
i think i might need a replacement engine
a 2.6i sa unit would be nice but price may be prohibitive
it would be nice to source a newer unit to fit in the bus

Post Reply Post Reply